Healthy Breakfast Tart
Healthy Breakfast Tart has a gluten free crust made of nuts, then topped with non-fat yogurt and fresh fruits for a healthier breakfast with no refined sugar.
Servings 12 slices
For the crust
- 1 1/2 cups whole blanced almonds 210g
- 1 1/2 cups walnuts 150g
- 1 1/2 cups Medjool dates 220g
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
For the filling
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin .25oz/7g
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 32 ounces vanilla non-fat Greek yogurt 907g
- 2 teaspoons clear imitation vanilla extract you can use pure vanilla extract but it will change the color
For the topping
- Assorted fruit of your choice
Spray an 11" round tart pan with removable bottom with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
Place nuts, dates and vanilla in a food processor. Pulse until a thick dough forms. Pour into prepared crust. With your fingers, press the crust down and up the sides of pan. Place in the refrigerator to chill while you prepare the filling.
In a small glass measuring cup, add gelatin and boiling water. Stir until completely dissolved. Set aside.
Add yogurt to a large mixing bowls. Whisk in the gelatin mixture until thoroughly combined. Add vanilla. Stir. Pour into prepared crust. Chill for at least 2 hours. Overnight preferred.
Top with an assortment of sliced fruit. Serve immediately. It is best the first day. Store covered up to 3 days.
Calories: 302kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 3mg | Sodium: 27mg | Potassium: 363mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 23g | Vitamin A: 27IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 63mg | Iron: 1mg