Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies
Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies are double delicious gluten free chocolate cookies with semi-sweet chocolate chips throughout.
Servings 30 cookies
- 1 1/4 cup my favorite gluten free flour blend (click for recipe) (185g)
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar (77g)
- 1/2 cup evaporated cane juice (or substitute granulated sugar, if desired) (100g)
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder (45g)
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 10 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cubed (142g)
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 375°F. Line 3 large cookie sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
Place all of the dry ingredients in a food processor. Pulse a few times to mix. Add cold cubes of butter and pulse until a coarse meal forms, about 10 seconds. Add egg and vanilla. Pulse until dough forms, about 10 more seconds. (If you don't have a food processor, place dry ingredients in a medium bowl. Cut in the butter with a fork and knife or pastry blender until you have a coarse meal texture. Add egg and vanilla. Stir together until a dough forms.)
Scoop out heaping teaspoons of dough. Form into balls and place on prepared cookie sheets, 2 inches apart. Gently press each ball slightly. Add chocolate chips on top and gently press into balls. I used about 5-6 chocolate chips per cookie.
Bake for 8-11 minutes or until set. Let cool and enjoy.
Calories: 122kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 17mg | Sodium: 101mg | Potassium: 73mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 129IU | Calcium: 15mg | Iron: 1mg