Chocolate French Toast Sandwich with Halloween Candy
French toast and leftover Halloween Candy? The perfect sweet treat for the kids.
Servings 3 sandwiches
- 6 slices Sara Lee® Artesano™ Golden Wheat Bread
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3 cup whole milk
- 3 tablespoons butter for pan
- 7 full sized chocolate peanut butter cups, divided
- 1/2 cup marshmallow fluff
- 12 mini-sized milk chocolate bars approximately 5 ounces total
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- Candy coated milk chocolate candies for garnish
Start by making the fudge sauce. Place chocolate bars and cream in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave on high for 30 seconds. Stir until smooth. Set aside.
Meanwhile, whisk eggs and milk in a medium bowl. Melt butter in skillet over medium heat. Dip bread slices in egg mixture and brown each side in skillet.
To make the sandwiches, spread a third of the marshmallow fluff onto one piece of French toast. Place two peanut butter cups on fluff, then place a plain piece of French toast on top. Repeat to make two more sandwiches.
To serve, drizzle with fudge sauce and add candies, plus one chopped peanut butter cup.
Calories: 965kcal | Carbohydrates: 96g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 61g | Saturated Fat: 33g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 5g | Monounsaturated Fat: 20g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 216mg | Sodium: 559mg | Potassium: 563mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 62g | Vitamin A: 1225IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 211mg | Iron: 4mg