Peanut Butter Blossoms
The classic Peanut Butter Blossoms recipe with chocolate kisses in the middle. I made them gluten free and guess what, you would never know it. They're just incredibly delicious!
Servings 48 cookies
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar packed
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg room temperature
- 2 tablespoons milk I used almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups gluten free flour I used King Arthur's
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar for dipping cookie before baking
- 48 chocolate kiss candies I used dark chocolate, add them after baking cookie
Heat oven to 375°F. Remove wrappers from chocolates. Line 4 half sheet pans with parchment paper or silicone mat. Set aside.
Beat peanut butter and shortening with electric mixer on medium speed in large bowl until well blended. Add 1/3 cup granulated sugar and brown sugar; beat well. Add the egg, milk and vanilla. Stir to combine. Stir together flour, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into peanut butter mixture.
Shape dough into 1-inch balls. roll in additional granulated sugar; place on prepared sheet pans.
Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Immediately press a chocolate kiss into center of each cookie; cookies will crack around edges. Remove to wire racks and cool completely.
Calories: 99kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 5mg | Sodium: 72mg | Potassium: 30mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 6IU | Calcium: 16mg | Iron: 1mg