Peeps Sunflower Brownie Cake
Your favorite brownie mix, baked in a round pan, frosted with chocolate buttercream and topped with chocolate chips and yellow Peeps to look like a sunflower.
Servings 14 servings
For the cake
- 1 brownie mix, prepared according to package (I used Krusteaz Gluten Free Brownies
For the chocolate buttercream
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 8 ounces powdered sugar about 2 1/4 cups
- 6 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the decoration
- 14 yellow marshmallow chicks I used PEEPS
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
For the frosting
In a medium bowl, whisk together the powdered sugar and cocoa powder. Set aside.
In a large bowl, beat softened butter on medium speed with an electric mixer. Turn up to medium high and beat for 3 minutes until smooth and creamy.
With the mixer running on low, gradually add the powdered sugar/cocoa mixture, milk, and vanilla extract. Increase to medium high speed and beat for 3 minutes.
Note: If the frosting is too thick, you can add a little more milk. Just add one tablespoon at a time, then mix thoroughly until you get the consistency you like.
Calories: 194kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 18mg | Sodium: 64mg | Potassium: 73mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 25g | Vitamin A: 208IU | Calcium: 12mg | Iron: 1mg