Red Velvet Cheesecake Bars
A cookie crumb crust is topped with red velvet cheesecake, baked to perfection and drizzled with melted chocolate.
Servings 16 servings
- 1 cup finely crushed chocolate cookies I used 19 OREO cookies
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened or 1 8-oz. package
- ¼ cup sour cream, room temperature
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons liquid red food coloring
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract or vanilla bean paste, if you have it
- 4 ounces milk chocolate chips, melted plus more for drizzling over finished bars
- 2 large eggs, room temperature lightly beaten
- 2 ounces milk chocolate chips, melted
For the bars
Preheat oven to 350°F. Line an 8x8-inch baking pan with foil or parchment. Spray with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
To make the crust, in a medium bowl combine crushed cookies and melted butter. Press crumb mixture firmly into the bottom of the prepared pan.
In a large bowl beat cream cheese, sour cream, sugar, red food coloring and vanilla with an electric mixer on medium until smooth. Beat in melted chocolate. Stir in eggs. Spread over crust.
Place in preheated oven on the middle rack and bake about 25 minutes or until set. Cool in pan on wire rack. Cover and chill 2-4 hours before serving. Drizzle with melted chocolate. Use foil or parchment to lift uncut bars out of pan. Transfer to a cutting board. Cut into bars. Store in airtight container in the refrigerator up to 3 days or freeze up to 3 months.
Calories: 165kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 48mg | Sodium: 124mg | Potassium: 56mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 312IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 24mg | Iron: 1mg