You’re going to LOVE these Red Velvet Cheesecake Bars – A cookie crumb crust is topped with red velvet cheesecake, baked to perfection and drizzled with melted chocolate.
Why I love these Red Velvet Cheesecake Bars
It’s like eating cheescake with your hands. Just the right amount of red velvet flavor and the creamy, smooth and silky texture of cheesecake. The crunch of the chocolate cookie crust on the bottom is so satisfying and the chocolate drizzle on top is just the perfect amount of chocolate in this recipe!
Ingredients you need for red velvet bars
Crushed Chocolate Cookies– I used OREO cookies, crushed in the food processor.
Butter – Use unsalted real butter, not margarine
Sugar – I used granulated sugar.
Cream Cheese – Make sure to let it come to room temperature before using.
Eggs – Large eggs at room temperature, lightly beaten.
Sour Cream – At room temperature as well.
Red Food Coloring – Use the liquid, not the gel.
Vanilla Extract – You could also substitute vanilla bean paste in the same amount, if you have it. (It’s SO good!)
How to make red velvet cheesecake bars
Note: This is just an overview. Scroll down for the full recipe.
Press a chocolate cookie crust (cookie crumbs and butter) into bottom of a 8×8-inch square baking pan, greased and lined with parchment.
Bake at 350°F on the middle rack for about 25 minutes or until set.
Let cool and drizzle with melted milk chocolate chips. I used a pastry bag for this.
Cut into 16 bars and serve. Store covered in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
You might also like…
Tools for success
(The above links are affiliate links. If you click on them, I will get a small commission. Thank you for visiting my site. I hope you enjoy the recipe!)
Want even more? Stay in touch on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, and Instagram for all my latest updates. If you make this recipe, share a photo on social media tagging @momlovesbaking and using the hashtag #momlovesbaking.
Red Velvet Cheesecake Bars
- 1 cup finely crushed chocolate cookies I used 19 OREO cookies
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened or 1 8-oz. package
- 1/4 cup sour cream, room temperature
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons liquid red food coloring
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract or vanilla bean paste, if you have it
- 4 ounces milk chocolate chips, melted plus more for drizzling over finished bars
- 2 large eggs, room temperature lightly beaten
- 2 ounces milk chocolate chips, melted
For the bars
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line an 8x8-inch baking pan with foil or parchment. Spray with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- To make the crust, in a medium bowl combine crushed cookies and melted butter. Press crumb mixture firmly into the bottom of the prepared pan.
- In a large bowl beat cream cheese, sour cream, sugar, red food coloring and vanilla with an electric mixer on medium until smooth. Beat in melted chocolate. Stir in eggs. Spread over crust.
- Place in preheated oven on the middle rack and bake about 25 minutes or until set. Cool in pan on wire rack. Cover and chill 2-4 hours before serving. Drizzle with melted chocolate. Use foil or parchment to lift uncut bars out of pan. Transfer to a cutting board. Cut into bars. Store in airtight container in the refrigerator up to 3 days or freeze up to 3 months.
All text and images © Lise Ode for Mom Loves Baking. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe. Disclaimer: Nutrition information shown is not guaranteed to be accurate. This post may contain affiliate links.