Red Velvet Banana Bread is easy to make with a cake mix and the recipe makes 5 loaves, perfect for a holiday gift!
Neighbor gifts! This Red Velvet Banana Bread was made with love for my wonderful neighbors. It’s like banana bread and red velvet cake all at the same time. Plus it’s drizzled with white chocolate and sprinkled with Christmas cheer! What a delicious way to say I’m so happy you’re my neighbor.
It’s also got nuts and chocolate chips which provides a sweet surprise. Moist, red and chocolatey!
And it’s not hard to make! Start by mashing up a bunch of very ripe bananas.
Mix up 2 red velvet cake mixes with oil, mashed bananas and eggs. Then stir in chocolate chips and chopped walnuts.
Here’s the mix I used in case you can’t find it at the store (affiliate):
I used small foil loaf pans and lined them with parchment paper.
Here are the aluminum foil pans that I used (8 x 3.75). Click below to order them on Amazon (affiliate):
Then sprayed the pans with cooking spray and added the batter, about two thirds full. This recipe makes 5 loaves.
Bake at 350°F. for about 40 minutes.
Let them cool, then drizzle with melted white chocolate.
And top with Christmas sprinkles.
Here are the sprinkles that I used. Click below to get them on Amazon (affiliate):
Let the chocolate set. It only takes about 30 minutes. Then wrap with clear plastic wrap, tie a ribbon around it and add your gift tag.
I hope my neighbors like their Red Velvet Banana Bread! I made a couple of batches, so of course I did plenty of sampling. It is simply scrumptious!
Red Velvet Banana Bread
- 2 boxes red velvet cake mix I used 16.5 oz Duncan Hines red velvet cake mix
- 6 large eggs
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 6 very ripe bananas mashed
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 8 ounces white candy melts
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 5 (8" x 3 3/4" x 2 1/2") loaf pans with parchment paper. Spray with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Place first 4 ingredients in a large bowl. With an electric mixer, beat on low for 20 seconds, then turn up speed to medium and mix for 2 minutes. Stir in chocolate chips and walnuts. Pour batter into loaf pans. Bake for 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Let cool.
- Place candy melts in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave on high for 1-2 minutes or until completely melted. Stir until smooth. Pour into a clear plastic pastry bag. Cut the tip off and drizzle melted candy over the cooled bread. Let the candy melts set (about 20-30 minutes).
- For a gift, wrap in clear plastic wrap. Tie a bow around it and add gift tag. Store at room temperature for 24 hours or in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.