Apple Pie with Pumpkin Caramel Sauce is easy to make using a store bought pie and a simple, two ingredient topping.
I can NOT believe it’s already November. Where has this year gone! Pretty soon it will be Thanksgiving. Have you started planning your holiday meals yet? It’s never too early, I say. And have you decided what’s on the dessert menu? What’s better than apple pie? Can’t think of anything? Me either! It’s just the best. Right up there with baseball and hot dogs. But of course the pie is at the top of my list. And even better, this pie is homemade but I didn’t have to make it. I bought it in the freezer section at my grocery store. It’s a Marie Callender’s Dutch Apple Pie and it’s so good, y’all! Maybe because it’s made with fresh Fuji Apples, has a made-from-scratch crust, and a brown sugar streusel topping. Yum!
Add homemade pumpkin caramel sauce and you’ve got yourself a perfect semi-homemade dessert for the holidays!
Follow the easy recipe below for Apple Pie with Pumpkin Caramel Sauce, then share on social media if you loved this recipe!
Apple Pie with Pumpkin Caramel Sauce
- For the pie
- 1 Marie Callendar's Dutch Apple Pie prepared according to package instructions
- For the pumpkin caramel sauce
- 1 cup store bought hot caramel sauce in a jar
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree not pie filling
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Bake pie according to package instructions. Let cool slightly.
- For the pumpkin caramel sauce, place all 3 ingredients in a small, heavy saucepan over low heat. Stir until completely combined and smooth, about 1-2 minutes. Serve warm, drizzled over pie slices.