Chocolate Turtle Apple Slices are thick slices of Fuji apples covered in melted chocolate, drizzled with caramel and topped with nuts.
Happy Fall y'all! I can't believe it's already here. I'm so excited for cooler weather and all the delicious Fall flavors!
That brings me to today's recipe which is made with one of the best fruits of Fall - APPLES! And what's better than a candied apple!
Have you ever had a candy apple but wished there was a little more "candy" in each bite? Problem solved! These candy apples are covered with all of the ingredients in my favorite candy - chocolate turtles.
Click here to watch the video tutorial - How to Make Chocolate Turtle Apple Slices.
And I love that there are just 5 ingredients in this recipe. Keeping it simple is always the best way to go when possible!
All you will need to make these Chocolate Turtle Apple Slices is 2 large apples, 3 ½ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips, 1 tablespoon coconut oil, 1 cup melted caramels and chopped pecans.
How to Make Chocolate Turtle Apple Slices
- Slice apples and add popsicle stick
- Dip apple slices in melted chocolate mixture
- Drizzle with melted caramels
- Sprinkle with chopped pecans
I chose Fuji apples because they are extra fat and very large. Slice apple into ½" pieces. Microwave chips in a microwave safe bowl for about 2 minutes. Stir in coconut oil and keep stirring until smooth. Cut a little slit in the bottom of each piece of apple and insert a wooden popsicle stick.
Dip apple slices into chocolate and place on a parchment lined cookie sheet with raised edges (also called a half-sheet pan).
Drizzle with melted caramel.
Sprinkle with chopped nuts, then refrigerate for about 1 hour.
They are ready to enjoy! Chocolate Turtle Apple Slices are so delicious and a perfect treat to kick off this Fall season!
Tools for success
Want even more? Subscribe to Mom Loves Baking to get new recipes and a newsletter delivered to your inbox. And stay in touch on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, and Instagram for all my latest updates. If you make this recipe, share a photo on social media tagging @momlovesbaking and using the hashtag #momlovesbaking.
Note: This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Chocolate Turtle Apple Slices
- 2 very large Fuji apples
- 3 ½ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips I used Nestle
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil I used refined coconut oil so it doesn't taste like coconut.
- 1 cup caramels, melted I used Kraft caramels
- ½ cup Chopped pecans
- Slice apples into ½" pieces. (It's really important to have a good quality chef's knife. I love Wusthof.) With a knife make a little slit in the bottom of each apple slice to make it easier to insert a popsicle stick. Insert a popsicle stick into each piece of apple. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, melt chocolate chips in the microwave on high for about 2 minutes (in 30 second intervals, don't overheat because the chocolate will burn).* Stir in coconut oil until smooth. (If the apples are extra juicy, pat down with a paper towel before dipping.) Dip apple slices in chocolate and place on parchment lined cookie sheet. (I used a 13"x18" half sheet pan.)
- Place caramels in microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 30-60 seconds.* (Note: Microwave power varies.) Do NOT overheat. I recommend heating at 20 second intervals. For best results, use package instructions for heating the caramels. Stir until smooth. Drizzle melted caramel over chocolate and sprinkle with nuts.
- Refrigerate for about 1 hour. Serve and enjoy immediately. Apples are best the first day. Store in refrigerator.
- *For best results, follow the chocolate chip package instructions for melting chocolate and same for caramel. Follow the caramel package instructions for melting caramels.
- Note: If you're concerned about biting into an apple seed, just remove them before dipping the apple slice in chocolate.
Check out these awesome apple recipes too...
The Lemon Bowl: Tuna Salad with Apples
Creative Culinary: Boozy Snickerdoodle Cake with Apples
The Fed Up Foodie: Green Apple Butterscotch Macadamia Nut Cookies
Hey Grill Hey: Skillet Bacon Apple Crisp
A Mind "Full" Mom: Salted Caramel Apple Butter
Dishin & Dishes: Chicken with Cider Sauce and Apples
Foodtastic Mom: Ketucky Apple Skillet Cake
Healthy Eats: 6 Lighter Ways to Cook and Bake with Apples
In Jennie's Kitchen: 9 Amazing Apple Recipes
Mom Loves Baking: Chocolate Turtle Apple Slices
Taste with the Eyes: Red Lentil Penne, Apple, Walnut, Mint, and Gorgonzola Sauce
Swing Eats: Apple Roses (gluten-free)
FN Dish: Kick Off Fall with Food Network's Favorite 5-Star Apple Desserts
You might also like...
Or maybe you'd like these Chocolate Turtle Pretzel Bites (It seems that I love all things Chocolate Turtle, LOL!)...
Also try this impressive yet Easy Turtle Pie Icebox Cake for your next shindig!
Want to pin this post on Pinterest? Use the image below. It's the perfect "pin-able" pic...
Featured on the Southern Plate Meal Plan Monday #85!
All text and images © Lise Ode for Mom Loves Baking. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe. Disclaimer: Nutrition information shown is not guaranteed to be accurate. This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.