Sweet Potato Casserole with Maple Pecan Topping
This Sweet Potato Casserole with Maple Pecan Topping post is sponsored by Barber Foods. All opinions are mine. #BarberNight #ad
Sitting down together for dinner is a priority in my family, but we are all so busy. Barber Foods Chicken and this Sweet Potato Casserole with Maple Pecan Topping is a delicious meal that you can have on the table in no time. I love that Barber Foods stuffed chicken breasts are so easy. Just take them out of the freezer and heat in the oven. Dinner is ready in just 37 minutes!
And that gives you a little extra time to whip up this homemade sweet potato casserole with maple pecan topping. It’s so pretty with maple cinnamon pecans on top.
I found the Barber Foods Raw Stuffed Chicken Breasts Broccoli & Cheese at my local Publix in the Ready to Cook frozen section. It also comes in Chicken Cordon Bleu. You can buy them in a 2-pack or a 6-pack box.
Heating up the chicken is very simple. Just take them out of the package, place on a greased cookie sheet and bake as directed. You can also heat them in the microwave for an even quicker meal. Ready in just 2.5 minutes!
To make the casserole, peel and chop 6 sweet potatoes, then boil them until tender. Drain.
Put potatoes in a large bowl, then beat with an electric mixer until smooth. Add brown sugar, eggs, butter, cream, cinnamon and salt. Mix until combined, then pour into a 9″ casserole dish.
Mix together pecan halves, maple syrup and cinnamon, then place on top of casserole in a decorative pattern. I just love how pretty the pecans look in neat rows like this.
Bake at 350°F. for about 35 minutes.
Serve with Barber Foods Stuffed Chicken Broccoli & Cheese and green beans on the side. Total comfort food!
If you’re in a hurry, you could serve it with a baked sweet potato on the side instead of the casserole.
Barber Foods Chicken and this Sweet Potato Casserole with Maple Pecan Topping is a cozy, quick meal the whole family will enjoy. It would even make a lovely meal for your guests if you wanted to serve it at a dinner party!
- For the chicken:
- Barber Foods Raw Stuffed Chicken Brocoli & Cheese, prepared according to package instructions
- For the casserole:
- 6 sweet potatoes (3 lbs), peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 2 large eggs
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- For the topping:
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Place chopped sweet potatoes in a large saucepan, cover with water. Bring to a boil, then simmer on medium low until tender (about 20-30 minutes). Drain and let cool.
- Place cooled sweet potatoes in a large bowl. With electric mixer, beat potatoes until smooth (about a minute). Add sugar, cream, eggs, butter, cinnamon and salt. Beat on medium speed until everything is combined.
- Pour into a 9" round casserole or pie plate. Smooth the top.
- Meanwhile, place syrup in a small microwave safe bowl. Microwave on medium for about 20 seconds. Stir in cinnamon, then add pecans and stir to coat with syrup mixture. Place pecans on top of sweet potato mixture in a decorative pattern.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until slightly bubbling around edges.
This recipe is featured on the Southern Plate Meal Plan Monday.