Easy Christmas Gnome Cookies
Super cute and simple, made with store bought cookie dough, topped with a homemade buttercream "beard", strawberry hat and candy nose.
Servings 24 cookies
- 1 package refrigerated sugar cookie dough I used Pillsbury pull-apart with 24 cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened or 2 sticks
- 4 cups powdered sugar or 16 ounces
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 24 strawberries, leaves removed
- 24 small candy balls I used Fancy Sprinkles or you could use Skittles
For the buttercream
Beat softened butter on medium speed with an electric or stand mixer. Beat for 3 minutes until smooth and creamy.
Add powdered sugar, cream, and vanilla extract with the mixer running on low. Increase to high speed and beat for 3 minutes. Note: If the frosting is too thick, you can add a little more cream. Just add one tablespoon at a time, then mix thoroughly until you get the consistency you like.
Frost cookie cups on top and down the side to look like a beard. Place a strawberry on top, upside down. Add the candy nose. Recipe makes 24 Gnome cookies.
Calories: 220kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 25mg | Sodium: 107mg | Potassium: 42mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 26g | Vitamin A: 281IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 8mg | Iron: 1mg