Easy Christmas Gnome Cookies are super cute and simple, made with store bought cookie dough, topped with a homemade buttercream "beard", strawberry hat and candy nose.
The cutest Gnome Cookie Cups!
While scrolling through Facebook the other day, some of the cutest Gnome Cookie Cups popped up. It was love at first sight and I just had to make them! Luckily, I already had the cookie dough and used my favorite buttercream recipe plus some big juicy strawberries and Fancy Sprinkles candy balls for the noses. Thank you to Belly Full for sharing these cookies on Facebook. After making my semi-homemade version, I found The Cutest Gnome Cookie Cups where you can find some wonderful step by step photos of how to create these adorable cookies.
Ingredients you need for Christmas gnome cookies
Sugar Cookie Dough – I used store bought, refrigerated pull-apart cookie dough (Pillsbury Brand).
Buttercream Frosting - See below for the recipe or you could use store bought if you're in a hurry.
Strawberries - Try to find large strawberries, so that you can have a tall Gnome "hat".
Candy Balls - You could used Skittles or sprinkles. I used Fancy Sprinkles brand.
That's it! How EASY is that!
How to Make gnome cookie cups
Note: This is just an overview, scroll down for full recipe.
- Spray a 24-mini muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray. Place one pull-apart cookie dough ball into each section of prepared pan.
- Bake cookie cups for 20 minutes or until light golden brown on the edges. Let cool.
- Meanwhile prepare the buttercream frosting (or you can use store bough white frosting in the can). But the homemade tastes so much better!
- Frost cooled cookie cups on top and down one side to form an icing beard.
- Top with an upside strawberry. Place the candy nose at the base of the strawberry.
More Great Cookies You’ll Love
Hope you enjoy these Easy Christmas Gnome Cookies. It's a great little recipe if you want a fun baking project that's not too complicated. Very kid friendly. If you're looking for more Christmas baking recipes that aren't cookies, check out these 15 Amazing Christmas Bundt Cake Recipes!
Happy Baking and Merry Christmas everyone!
Matthew 2:10 – When they saw the star, they were filled with JOY!
TOOLS FOR SUCCESS
Note: The above items are affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Want even more? Stay in touch on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, and Instagram for all my latest updates. If you make this recipe, share a photo on social media tagging @momlovesbaking and using the hashtag #momlovesbaking.
Easy Christmas Gnome Cookies
- 1 package refrigerated sugar cookie dough I used Pillsbury pull-apart with 24 cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened or 2 sticks
- 4 cups powdered sugar or 16 ounces
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 24 strawberries, leaves removed
- 24 small candy balls I used Fancy Sprinkles or you could use Skittles
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a mini muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray. place cookie dough balls in mini muffin pan to make 24 cookie cups. Bake for 20 minutes or until light golden brown. Let cool.
For the buttercream
- Beat softened butter on medium speed with an electric or stand mixer. Beat for 3 minutes until smooth and creamy.
- Add powdered sugar, cream, and vanilla extract with the mixer running on low. Increase to high speed and beat for 3 minutes. Note: If the frosting is too thick, you can add a little more cream. Just add one tablespoon at a time, then mix thoroughly until you get the consistency you like.
- Frost cookie cups on top and down the side to look like a beard. Place a strawberry on top, upside down. Add the candy nose. Recipe makes 24 Gnome cookies.
All text and images © Lise Ode for Mom Loves Baking. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe. Disclaimer: Nutrition information shown is not guaranteed to be accurate. This post may contain affiliate links.