Easy Snowman OREO Cookie Balls are made from crushed mint cookies and cream cheese, rolled into balls and dipped in white chocolate then decorated to look like the cutest little snowmen for an adorable holiday treat!
Make these Easy Snowman OREO Cookie Balls for the holiday party this year! So cute and super simple to make. They’re no-bake, so you don’t even have to turn on your oven.
How to Make Easy Snowman OREO Cookie Balls
OREO cookie balls are so quick and easy to make. All you do is crush the OREO cookies and add cream cheese, roll into balls, refrigerate and dip into melted chocolate. You can use any flavor you like. I chose the mint OREO cookies for my Easy Snowman OREO Cookie Balls. Then dipped them in white chocolate.
Let Your Snowmen Chill in the Freezer
I made two different sizes for the cookie balls. I made larger ones for the bottom of the snowman, then a smaller one for the head. After you shape them into balls, stick them in the refrigerator for 30 minutes or in the freezer for 10 minutes (if you’re in a hurry). Once chilled, dip them in melted chocolate and place on a parchment lined sheet pan. Place them back in the refrigerator to set for about 20 minutes.
Decorating Your Snowman Cookie Balls
Use more melted chocolate to “glue” on the decorations and also to stick the top cookie ball to the bottom cookie ball. I used a mini chocolate peanut butter cup for the hat, an orange candy for the nose and red fondant for the scarf. Black icing for the eyes, mouth and buttons.
Great Project for the Kids
Aren’t they so cute?! This is a great project for the kids or teens! My daughter enjoyed creating different expressions on the snowman’s face, so one looked happy, while another looked mad or scared or a little sad that he would be eaten soon! Ha ha! You could also do different colored scarves for your snowman!
Tools for success
Note: The above items are affiliate links.
Want even more? Subscribe to Mom Loves Baking to get new recipes and a newsletter delivered to your inbox. And stay in touch on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, and Instagram for all my latest updates. If you make this recipe, share a photo on social media tagging @momlovesbaking and using the hashtag #momlovesbaking.
Easy Snowman OREO Cookie Balls
For the cookie balls
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 cups crushed mint OREO cookies (about 36 cookies)
- 16 ounces white baking chocolate, melted
For the snowman decorations
- 20 pieces orange candy (I used candy coated chocolate chip sprinkles)
- 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted
- 20 mini peanut butter cups
- 4 ounces red fondant
For the cookie balls
- Mix cream cheese and cookie crumbs until blended.
- Shape into 20 (1 1/2-inch) balls and 20 (3/4-inch) balls. Freeze 10 minutes. Dip balls in melted chocolate; place in single layer in shallow waxed paper-lined pan.
For the snowmen
- Place larger ball on bottom, then place smaller ball on top (using some melted chocolate to make it stick). Wrap a piece of red fondant around the middle. Add a dot of melted chocolate and orange candy for nose. Attach peanut butter cup with melted chocolate and pipe the eyes, mouth and buttons with black icing.
- Note: I poured the melted chocolate into a plastic sandwich bag, then cut a tiny corner to pipe the snowman eyes, mouth and buttons.
You might also like these Brownie Christmas Trees, Snowmen and Reindeers
Or you might like Easy Marshmallow Snowman Cupcakes
Here’s another easy Christmas treat – Holiday OREO Cookie Pops
If you liked this post, please share on social media. Pin it (use the image below) or Tweet it or share on Facebook. Tag your photos #momlovesbaking and enjoy!