Are you going to a Christmas party this weekend? Do you need to bring a fabulous dessert? How about this Chocolate Christmas Tree Cake. Isn't it adorable! And so festive too! It's simple to make and your friends will be so impressed.
Today I'm sharing the step-by-step instructions on how to make this cute Chocolate Christmas Tree Cake. You won't believe how easy these chocolate trees are to make. The kids could even help and they would have so much fun.
For the cake, I used a Pillsbury™ Moist Supreme® Devil's Food cake mix and for the frosting, I used Pillsbury™ Creamy Supreme® Vanilla frosting.
And this cute little guy helped me. His name is Mr. Poppin' Fresh, but you probably know him as the Pillsbury™ Dough Boy. For those of you that don't know, I was a finalist in two Pillsbury™ Bake-Off contests (2013 and 2014). The Dough Boy was one of my parting gifts and he lives on my kitchen counter 365 days of the year. Like my little baking companion and reminder of how much fun I had at the bake-off. What a wonderful experience that I will never forget! Click here to read more about my trip to the bake-off.
The Pillsbury™ Moist Supreme® Devil's Food cake mix and Pillsbury™ Creamy Supreme® Vanilla frosting was easy to find in the baking section at Publix.
They say that Publix is a place where shopping is a pleasure and I completely agree. I really love shopping at Publix. I think I go there every day. No kidding. I'm on a first name basis with most of the staff. LOL! I even worked there in high school as a cashier which was a lot of fun and a terrific first job for a 16 year old girl.
To make the cake batter, follow the package instructions. I used 2 (6-inch) round cake pans, lined with parchment paper, then sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. I baked them at 350°F for 35 minutes. After they cooled, I leveled the cakes by cutting the "muffin" tops off with a large bread knife. Then covered them with plastic wrap and refrigerated them for a couple of hours.
Meanwhile, I made the trees. I filled a large plastic pastry bag with 1 cup of green white chocolate candy melts. Then put the bag in the microwave and heated it on high power for 1 minute. I squeezed the bag a little to move around the chocolate and then microwaved it for another 30 seconds. (Make sure you mash it around to make sure it's completely melted.)
Line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper. Cut a small corner off the tip of the pastry bag and pipe the trees onto the parchment. They don't have to be perfect. Make the trees however you want to. Let your creative juices flow. Squeeze a thick line up and down, then pipe to the left and right to create the branches. Add sprinkles and continue making trees until you're out of chocolate. Make some very tall, some short and some in between. Place cookie sheet in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
After the cakes are chilled, they are ready for frosting. Remove the first cake from the pan and place (cut side up) on a cake plate. Spread a generous amount on top. Then remove the second cake from pan and place on top of the other (cut side down). Put plenty of frosting where the two cakes meet, making sure to fill in any gaps. Continue frosting entire cake and use an offset icing spatula to smooth the sides and top.
Remove trees from the fridge. Gently remove them from the parchment paper and stick them on the side of the cake. They should stick to the icing. Once you've placed the trees, you're ready to serve your cake!
Slice and serve!
Chocolate Christmas Tree Cake is not only a show stopping center piece for your next party, but it's also completely delicious and you can make it in just a few hours.
What is your favorite holiday recipe?
If you make this cake, will you do it just like this or do you have some changes to make it your own?
Chocolate Christmas Tree Cake
- 1 box Pillsbury Moist Supreme® Devil's Food cake mix (prepared according to package instructions) 15.25 oz
- 1 cup green candy melts
- 16 ounces Pillsbury Creamy Supreme® Vanilla Frosting
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray two (6-inch round) cake pans with non-stick cooking spray. Line with parchment paper (cut in a circle to fit bottom of pan). Spray with cooking spray again. Pour prepared cake batter into pans, dividing evenly between the two pans. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Let cool completely.
- Once the cakes are cool, use a long bread knife to slice off the "muffin" top, so your cake is flat on top. Cover cakes with plastic wrap and refrigerate for a couple of hours (If you're in a hurry, you can skip this step, but it's easier to frost when it's chilled).
- Meanwhile, line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper. Place candy melts in a large plastic pastry bag. Microwave on high for 1 minute. Gently squeeze back to break up candy melts. Microwave for 30 more seconds. Make sure it's completely melted. Cut a small corner off the pastry bag, then pipe your Christmas trees onto the parchment paper. They don't have to be perfect. Start with a thick line going up and down. Then go to the left and right, piping the branches of the tree. Make some trees tall, some short and some in between. Add sprinkles. Place pan in refrigerator for 30 minutes or until set.
- Remove cakes from pans. Place first cake on cake plate, cut side up. Add frosting to top of cake. Place the other cake on top, cut side down. Press gently. Fill in any gaps on the side/middle of cake with frosting. Continue frosting the entire cake. Smooth the sides with an offset icing spatula.
- Gently add chilled candy Christmas trees to the side of cake and on top, if desired. Serve immediately or store in refrigerator for up to one day. (Note: the colored candy melts don't do well in the refrigerator for much more than one day. They're fine to eat for up to 5 days but might change color a bit after more than one day.)
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of The J.M. Smucker Company. The opinions and text are all mine.
chocolate Christmas trees says
Offering exquisite chocolate bouquets and [alcohol gifts] designed for all occasions. Birthdays, Newborn, Anniversary and more. Delivery service same day Sydney. Call us 02 8040 7519, 0499 851 688
visit for click :-https://chocolatfleurs.com.au