Little cheesecakes with a unique crust made from mini waffles, topped with all the delicious flavors of turtle candy.
Have you ever entered a baking contest or a cooking contest? It’s fun to create new and original recipes. Especially when there’s a chance to win some cash!
I entered this recipe for Mini Eggo Turtle Cheesecakes in the Eggo Your Way Contest. Let me know what you think.
A mini Eggo waffle dipped in butter and graham crackers is the easy crust for these Mini Eggo Turtle Cheesecakes. Then I added a traditional cheesecake filling, baked them in a mini cheesecake pan and added the turtle toppings which include caramel sauce, pecans and melted chocolate drizzled on top.
Update: I didn’t win the contest but I still think Mini Eggo Turtle Cheesecakes are super yummy. Check out the recipe below. The grand prize was $10,000 dollars! That would have been fun to win, right! Oh well, it can’t hurt to try.
The lucky winner of this contest was Debbie Reid from Clearwater, Florida, who created “Cheesy Chicken Eggo-dillas” in which she transformed Eggo waffles into a tasty tortilla, giving quesadillas a whole new look.
Click here for more information about the winner.
Mini Eggo Turtle Cheesecakes
- 12 Eggo Homestyle Minis
- 1/3 cup butter melted
- 2/3 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 3/4 cup granulated white sugar divided
- 12 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup caramel flavored topping
- 1/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips melted
- 12 pecan halves
- Mini cheesecake pan or 12 cupcake liners if using muffin pan
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray a mini cheesecakes pan with non-stick cooking spray or place a cupcake liner in each cup of muffin pan. Let waffles stand at room temperature 10 minutes.
- Place melted butter in a medium bowl. Place graham cracker crumbs and 1/4 cup sugar in 2nd medium bowl. Stir to combine. Separate Eggo Homestyle Minis into 12 waffles. Dip one waffle in butter, then into crumbs to coat on all sides. Place in cup of a mini cheesecake pan or in bottom of cupcake liner. Repeat with remaining waffles. Bake 6-8 minutes. Set aside. Keep oven on.
- Beat cream cheese in large mixing bowl until creamy. With mixer on low, gradually add 1/2 cup sugar, vanilla and eggs. Beat well. Fill each cup of the pan to just about the top. Bake 20 minutes. Cool to room temperature, then refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
- To serve, peel off liners. Place 1 teaspoon caramel topping and 1 pecan on each cheesecake. Place melted chocolate in plastic sandwich bag. Clip a tiny corner and drizzle over cheesecakes. Serve cool. Store in refrigerator.
Let me know if you try this recipe. Post a photo on Instagram or Twitter with (hashtag mom loves baking) #momlovesbaking or let me know in the comments if you like this dessert idea.