Ever since I was in the Pillsbury Bake-Off, I’ve been a little bit obsessed with creating original recipes. I’m constantly thinking of new ways to combine classic desserts into something new and exciting. I’ve got little notebooks and post-it notes all over the house with my crazy brainstorms. I get a lot of ideas from Pinterest. I recently saw a really creative recipe for Samoa Pull-Apart Bread from an awesome blog called I Wash You Dry. It gave me an idea. And this is what I came up with. Snickers Caramel Apple Pull Apart is a sweet twist on a traditional bread and oh my is it delicious!
And it’s easy to make with Pillsbury pizza dough. Layers of apples, butter, cinnamon sugar and Snickers all baked in between rectangles of pizza dough. Then drizzled with caramel and topped with more Snickers. If you love caramel apples, Snickers and pull apart bread, then you will definitely have to try this!
To make it extra simple, here’s a step-by-step photo tutorial just for you.
Start by slicing up an apple and sprinkle with a little bit of lemon to keep it from turning brown.
Chop 3 regular sized Snickers bars.
Spread out the pizza doughs (you’ll be using two cans) and press into 2 – 16″ x 12″ rectangles. Cut each rectangle into 4 (12″ x 4″) strips. Brush the strips with butter.
Sprinkle one strip of dough with cinnamon sugar, then add apples and Snickers (reserving about 1/2 cup of chopped Snickers for top). Add another buttered strip of dough on top. Repeat sugar, apples and candy. Repeat step one more time, then add a dough strip on top. Repeat that process again with remaining 4 strips of dough.
Slice each layered section into 4 pieces.
Place in a greased loaf pan with cut edges up.
Bake at 350°F. for 45-55 minutes. Let cool slightly.
Meanwhile heat one bag of caramel bits and 2 tablespoons water in the microwave on high for 2 minutes. Stir until smooth.
Remove bread from pan and drizzle with caramel.
Sprinkle with remaining Snickers and serve.
There’s extra caramel for drizzling on each serving. Yum!
You could serve it for breakfast or dessert! Great for a special occasion, pot-luck or just because.
Snickers Caramel Apple Pull Apart
- 1 Granny Smith apple peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 lemon
- 3 regular sized Snickers bars divided
- 2 tubes 390g each Pillsbury pizza dough (not the thin crust)
- 1 stick of butter melted
- 1/3 cup 75g granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 11oz/311g bag of caramel bits (I used Kraft)
- 2 tablespoons water
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9" x 5" loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray, line with parchment paper and spray again. Set aside.
- Slice apple and sprinkle lightly with lemon juice. (Don't put too much lemon though. You don't want a strong lemon flavor in this recipe.) Set aside.
- Chop all 3 candy bars. (2 candy bars for filling, 1 for the topping). Set aside.
- Mix sugar and cinnamon together in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Unwrap one tube of pizza dough and press into a 16" x 12" rectangle. Use a sharp knife or pizza cutter to make four 4" x 12" rectangles. Brush each rectangle with butter. Repeat process with other tube of pizza dough.
- Working with four strips of dough at a time. Sprinkle cinnamon sugar, add a layer of apples, then sprinkle with about 1 tablespoon chopped Snickers. Add another strip and repeat filling ingredients 2 more times, then remaining buttered strip on top. Cut into 4" x 3" sections. Repeat process with remaining dough and filling ingredients.
- Place filled dough sections, cut side up, into prepared pan. Bake for 45-55 minutes. Let cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, in a medium microwave safe bowl, heat caramel bits and water on high for 2 minutes. Stir until smooth. Drizzle over bread and sprinkle remaining Snickers. You will have extra caramel for garnish. Serve immediately.
- Store covered in refrigerator for up to 3 days. It will be the best on the first day.