Strawberry flavored rice krispy treats are pressed into a Bundt pan to create a cute cake drizzled with chocolate.
Valentine’s Day is a few days away and it’s one of my favorite holidays to bake for. Who am I kidding, every holiday is my favorite holiday to bake for. LOL! What can I say, I get excited about a little festive baking!
This Strawberry Rice Krispies Cake is so cute and so yummy! Plus, it’s no-bake, so you don’t even have to turn your oven on. It’s an impressive dessert to serve your Valentine and easy enough for the kids to help with.
The cake includes just 4 ingredients: Rice Krispies cereal, marshmallows, strawberry Jello, and butter.
Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Then add the marshmallows and Jello.
Keep stirring until it’s all melted and mixed together.
Stir in the cereal and pour into a greased Bundt pan. Press it down and smooth the top.
Let cool and invert onto a large plate.
I used these semi-sweet chocolate chips and colored candy melts to drizzle on top. You can choose whatever colors you like. White chocolate would be nice. Maybe purple and pink instead of red. Pick your favorites.
Pour melted chocolate into a disposable pastry bag and cut the tip off to drizzle chocolate over cake. Repeat with remaining colors. Then add sprinkles, if desired.
This cake’s got Valentine’s Day written all over it. And the chocolate/strawberry combo is perfect!
Slice it up just like a regular cake. It’s very easy to cut!
And it’s so delicious! I’m so pleased with how this cake came out! Make it for your sweetie this weekend and enjoy!
Strawberry Rice Krispies Cake
- 1 stick 4 oz unsalted butter
- 2 10 oz packages or 8 cups mini marshmallows
- 2 0.30 oz packages sugar free strawberry jello
- 12 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate
- 1/2 cup red candy melts
- 1/2 cup pink candy melts
- Spray a Bundt pan generously with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add marshmallows and jello. Stir until melted and completely combined. Add cereal and stir until it's combined with the marshmallow mixture. Quickly pour into the prepared pan. Press it down into pan with greased fingers or a greased spoon. Smooth top so it's level. Let cool.
- Invert cake onto a large plate. Melt chocolate chips in a small microwave safe bowl with the microwave set on high for 1 minute. Stir until smooth. Pour into a disposable plastic pastry bag. Cut the tip of the bag to create a very small hole. Drizzle chocolate over cake. Repeat process with remaining candy melts, doing the red first and then the pink last. Add sprinkles to the top right away before the chocolate sets. Slice and serve. Store covered at room temperature for 24 hours or in the refrigerator for a few days.
- Recipe inspired by the Delightful E Made blog.
This recipe is featured on the Southern Plate Meal Plan Monday.