Who knew you could press Rice Krispie Treats into a Bundt pan to form a "cake"? That's exactly what I did to create this Patriotic Rice Krispies Treat Cake with red, white and blue candy melts drizzled on top. Such a stunning dessert that's super simple to make. Perfect for the fourth of July! It's a no-bake winner!
Why i love this festive recipe
• So easy to make! It's simply a double recipe of Rice Krispie Treats poured into a greased Bundt pan. Then you press it down really well and let it cool completely. Invert the pan and decorate with red, white and blue candy melts, plus sprinkles.
• This is such a fun cake for a party and you can change it to fit any holiday. I brought it to a a Memorial Day pool party and the kids really loved it! It's perfect for an Independence Day party too!
• You can make it a different flavor by adding Jello like this Strawberry Rice Krispies Cake - it's the same method I used to make this cake except I added strawberry Jello and changed the candy melt colors on top.
What you need
You only need a few ingredients to throw this impressive and yummy dessert together!
Rice Krispies Cereal - You'll need 12 cups of rice krispies. You can use the grocery store (generic) brand if you want to.
Butter - If you don't have butter, you can substitute vegetable shortening or oil in the same amount.
Marshmallows - Recipe calls for 8 cups of mini marshmallows. You can use the regular size or large marshmallows if you want to. Just make sure you have a total of 20 ounces of marshmallows.
Candy Melts - Find them in baking section of your local department store such as Walmart. You can also find them at a craft store or cake decorating store.
How to make this recipe
How to Make a Rice Krispies treat Cake
- Start by making a double recipe of rice krispy treats (recipe follows). First, melt butter and marshmallows in a large saucepan over low heat..
- Using a rubber spatula, add rice krispies cereal and stir until completely combined.
- Spray a 12-cup Bundt pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Pour cereal mixture into prepared Bundt pan. Then press it down really well and let it cool completely.
5. Invert the pan on to a serving plate and voila, a perfectly shaped Bundt cake.
6. Melt colored candy melts (red, white and blue) and pour into disposable piping bags. Cut a small corner of each bag and drizzle blue candy melts over the cake,
7. Repeat with red and white candy melts.
8. Add your patriotic sprinkles to make it look even more all American.
frequently asked Questions
Where can I find candy melts? They are available at most craft stores or discount stores such as Walmart. I used Wilton Brand for this recipe.
How difficult is it to make this cake? If you can make rice krispy treats, then you can definitely make this cake. Even if you've never made them, this is a very simple cake recipe that requires no baking.
How do I make sure it doesn't stick to the pan? Spray your Bundt pan generously with non-stick cooking spray before adding the rice krispy treats mixture. Or coat well with softened butter or oil.
Can I freeze this cake? Yes! Just make sure you freeze it BEFORE adding the candy melts. Store cooled cake in an airtight container for up to 6 weeks in the freezer. Or you can wrap it with several layers of plastic wrap and aluminum foil. Let it come to room temperature before drizzling with candy melts and serving.
• Let the drizzled candy melts cool and set before slicing into this baby. You can stick it in the refrigerator to speed up the process, if needed.
• Cutting this cake is easy. Just cut into it with a sharp knife as if you were cutting a regular Bundt cake which will give you a perfect portion of what is basically a dressed up Rice Krispies Treat.
Did I mention that it's really tasty too!
If you're a fan of the traditional recipe of Rice Krispie Treats, then you will most definitely love this Patritotic Rice Krispies Treat Cake! It's a great dessert for all ages, but especially the kiddos.
Let us remember those that have served our country and are serving now. We are forever grateful. May God bless them all and may God Bless America!
Note: This post contains affiliate links.
Love this recipe? If you try it, be sure to tag me on @Instagram! You can also find me on Pinterest, YouTube and Facebook.
Patriotic Rice Krispies Treat Cake
- ½ cup unsalted butter 1 stick
- 8 cups mini marshmallows two 10 oz packages
- 12 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- ½ cup red candy melts
- ½ cup white candy melts
- ½ cup blue candy melts
- 3 tablespoons sprinkles
- Spray a Bundt pan generously with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add marshmallows. Stir until melted and completely combined. Add cereal and stir until it's combined with the marshmallow mixture. Quickly pour into the prepared pan. Press it down into pan with greased fingers or a greased spoon. Smooth top so it's level. Let cool about 1 hour.
- Invert cake onto a large plate. Melt red candy melts in a small microwave safe bowl with the microwave set on high for 30 seconds. Stir, then heat another 30 seconds (if needed). Stir until smooth. Pour into a disposable plastic pastry bag. Cut the tip of the bag to create a very small hole. Drizzle red candy melts over cake. Repeat process with remaining candy melts. Add sprinkles to the top right away before the candy melts set. Slice and serve. Store covered at room temperature for 24 hours or in the refrigerator for a few days.
All text and images © Lise Ode for Mom Loves Baking. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe. Disclaimer: Nutrition information shown is not guaranteed to be accurate. This post may contain affiliate links.
What a fun way to make Rice Krispie Treats! This is perfect for 4th of July.
Lise Ode says
Thank you! Hope you enjoy it. Be sure to post a pic and tag #momlovesbaking on Instagram!
This is such a great idea!!
I love Rice Krispie Treats! I could probably eat this whole cake myself!!
What a cute and easy idea for a cake!
very very nice recipes