This Turkey Pimento Cheese Ball shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #NaturallyCheesy #CollectiveBias
It’s November and time to start thinking about our next holiday, Thanksgiving. This Turkey Pimento Cheese Ball is great for parties. It tastes like pimento cheese but it looks like a turkey with feathers made of bacon and pecans. So delicious with crackers or veggies.
Isn’t he cute! And so tasty too. The head is just a piece of fresh red pepper and some craft eyeballs which aren’t edible but this bird needs to see, right!
One of the main ingredients in this fun and festive cheeseball is Kraft Natural Cheddar. I found it in the cheese section at Walmart. Kraft Natural Cheese comes in four varieties: Cheddar, Colby and Monterey Jack, Mozzarella and Mexican.
I chose the Sharp Cheddar variety because it’s full of flavor and perfect for my Turkey Pimento Cheese Ball.
First step in this recipe is to make the cheese ball. Simply place all of the cheese ball ingredients in a large bowl (cheddar cheese, cream cheese, pimentos, garlic powder, salt and red pepper sauce).
Stir together until completely combined.
Roll it into a ball and wrap with plastic wrap.
Place the cheese ball in a small bowl so that it won’t get flat on the bottom as it’s chilling. Place in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours or until firm.
Then the fun begins. Decorate your bird with bacon strips and pecans to look like feathers. You might want to let it rest for about 10 minutes, so it will be a little bit softer to stick the bacon strips in. Cut a piece of red pepper to look like his head. Use craft eyeballs (found at the craft store) to stick on the red pepper. They aren’t edible but really makes “him” look like a turkey.
Be sure to check out more delicious cheese recipes at Kraft.com. I’d love to hear about your favorite cheesy recipe!
This Turkey Pimento Cheese Ball is so cute. Bring it to a holiday party or impress your guests at your next cocktail party this month.
Turkey Pimento Cheeseball
- 16 oz Kraft Natural Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 2 8 oz packages cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1-2 tablespoons hot pepper sauce depending how spicy you like it
- 1 4 oz jar chopped pimentos
- 12-14 strips of cooked bacon
- 20 pecan halves
- 1 large piece of red pepper
- Craft eyeballs not edible
- In a large bowl, add first six ingredients. Stir until completely combined. Shape into a ball and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 2-3 hours. Remove from the refrigerator and let it rest for about 10 minutes. Place bacon in cheese ball, then pecans, to look like turkey feathers. Place red pepper in front to look like head. Attach eyeballs.
- Serve with crackers.