Cold Veggie Pizza is a tried and true appetizer recipe that’s been in my recipe box since the 1990s. Start with a crescent roll crust, then top with a cream cheese spread topped with fresh veggies and cheddar cheese.
This is an old recipe but I haven’t made it in so long that it seems new. On Saturday night, I went to a wine and painting party with some girlfriends and needed to bring an appetizer. I knew I wouldn’t be able to keep it warm, so I figured something cold would work best. This Cold Veggie Pizza Appetizer was perfect. Right, girls? We didn’t have a chance to eat dinner beforehand either. With lots of veggies, plus protein from shredded cheese and a greek yogurt ranch topping, this was a very satisfying snack. And the painting was so much fun!
What is Cold Veggie Pizza?
The base is refrigerated crescent roll dough, baked on a sheet pan.
The spread is made with cream cheese, mayonnaise, Greek yogurt and ranch dressing.
Top with your favorite fresh veggies and shredded cheese.
It’s so incredibly good!
Cold Veggie Pizza Appetizer would be great for the super bowl or any football party. My husband loved it. He begged me to make this again and often. It could even be a light lunch.
How to Make Cold Veggie Pizza
- Start by mixing up the ranch spread. Place the cream cheese, mayo, Greek yogurt and a package of Ranch dressing powder in a large bowl. You can mix it by hand but I think it comes out creamier when you use an electric mixer. Set aside.
2) Unroll 2 cans of crescent roll dough onto a large cookie sheet. Bake and let cool. Spread the ranch spread over cooled crescent crust.
3) Top with chopped, fresh brocoli, red peppers, green onions and shredded cheddar cheese.
4) Slice it up and serve.
Make this Cold Veggie Pizza Appetizer at your next party and watch it disappear.
Comment below with what veggies you put on your pizza!
Tools for success
Note: The above items are affiliate links.
Want even more? Subscribe to Mom Loves Baking to get new recipes and a newsletter delivered to your inbox. And stay in touch on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, and Instagram for all my latest updates. If you make this recipe, share a photo on social media tagging @momlovesbaking and using the hashtag #momlovesbaking.
Cold Veggie Pizza Appetizer
- 8 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, softened (226g)
- 1/2 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt (113g)
- 1/2 cup light mayonnaise (113g)
- 1 package powdered Ranch dressing mix (1 ounce/28g)
- 2 cans reduced-fat Pillsbury Crescent Rolls (each can is 8 ounces/226g)
- 1 cup fresh broccoli, chopped (91g)
- 1 cup fresh red pepper, chopped (175g)
- 4 green onions (chopped)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (120g)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place cream cheese, yogurt, mayonnaise and Ranch dressing mix in a large bowl. With an electric mixer, beat on medium until smooth and creamy. Set aside.
- Remove crescent rolls from the cans and roll out in one big piece onto a large, greased cookie sheet. Pinch seams together, if needed. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool.
- Spread cream cheese mixture onto cooled crust. Top with cheese and veggies.
- Use a pizza cutter or large knife to cut into squares. Serve immediately or store in refrigerator in airtight container for up to 3 or 4 days.
All text and images © Lise Ode for Mom Loves Baking. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe. Disclaimer: Nutrition information shown is not guaranteed to be accurate. This post may contain affiliate links.