Cold Veggie Pizza Appetizer
This is an old recipe but I haven’t made it in so long that it seems new. On Saturday night, I went to a wine and painting party with some girlfriends and needed to bring an appetizer. I knew I wouldn’t be able to keep it warm, so I figured something cold would work best. This Cold Veggie Pizza Appetizer was perfect. Right, girls? We didn’t have a chance to eat dinner beforehand either. With lots of veggies, plus protein from shredded cheese and a greek yogurt ranch topping, this was a very satisfying snack. And the painting was so much fun!
This Cold Veggie Pizza Appetizer would also be great for the super bowl. My husband loved it. He begged me to make this again and often. It could even be a light lunch. The base is canned crescent roll dough. The spread is made with cream cheese, mayonnaise, Greek yogurt and ranch dressing. It’s so incredibly good!
Start by mixing up the ranch spread. Place the cream cheese, mayo, Greek yogurt and a package of Ranch dressing powder in a large bowl. You can mix it by hand but I think it comes out creamier when you use an electric mixer. Set aside.
Unroll 2 cans of crescent roll dough onto a large cookie sheet. Bake and let cool. Spread the ranch spread over cooled crescent crust.
Top with chopped, fresh brocoli, red peppers, green onions and shredded cheddar cheese.
Slice it up and serve.
And watch it disappear.
- 8 ounces (226g) reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup (113g) plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup (113g) light mayonnaise
- 1 (1 ounce/28g) package powdered Ranch dressing mix
- 2 (8 ounces/226g) cans reduced-fat Pillsbury Crescent Rolls
- 1 cup (91g) fresh broccoli, chopped
- 1 cup (175g) fresh red pepper, chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups (120g) shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place cream cheese, yogurt, mayonnaise and Ranch dressing mix in a large bowl. With an electric mixer, beat on medium until smooth and creamy. Set aside.
- Remove crescent rolls from the cans and roll out in one big piece onto a large, greased cookie sheet. Pinch seams together, if needed. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool.
- Spread cream cheese mixture onto cooled crust. Top with cheese and veggies.
- Use a pizza cutter or large knife to cut into squares. Serve immediately or store in refrigerator in airtight container for up to 3 or 4 days.