Savory Crescent Chicken Squares - A delicious chicken casserole wrapped inside a crescent roll and baked into the perfect single serving meal.
Mine didn't come out square but this makes a delicious dinner and the kids even like it. Plus, it's super easy. Savory Crescent Chicken Squares was 1 of 2 winners at the 25th Pillsbury Bake-Off in 1974. Recipe on Pillsbury.com by Doris Castle of River Forest, Illinois.
How to make Savory Crescent Chicken Squares
First you beat your cream cheese and butter. Then you add chicken, chives, salt, pepper, milk and pimientos. Mix well.
Separate your crescent dough into 4 rectangles. Add ½ cup of the chicken mixture to each rectangle. Bring the 4 corners together and twist to seal.
Place on an ungreased cookie sheet. Brush with melted butter and sprinkle with crushed croutons.
Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Pair with corn on the cob and green salad. Dinner is served.
Stay tuned for Recipe #29 Easy Crescent Danish Rolls
Want even more? Stay in touch on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, and Instagram for all my latest updates. If you make this recipe, share a photo on social media tagging @momlovesbaking and using the hashtag #momlovesbaking.
Savory Crescent Chicken Squares
- 3 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 tablespoon LAND O LAKES® Butter softened
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives or onion
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon chopped pimientos if desired
- 1 can Pillsbury™ refrigerated crescent dinner rolls or 1 can (8 oz) Pillsbury™ Crescent Recipe Creations® refrigerated seamless dough sheet
- 1 tablespoon LAND O LAKES® Butter melted
- ¾ cup seasoned croutons crushed
- Heat oven to 350°F. In medium bowl, mix cream cheese and 1 tablespoon softened butter; beat until smooth. Add chicken, chives, salt, pepper, milk and pimientos; mix well.
- Separate or cut dough into 4 rectangles. If using crescent dough, firmly press perforations to seal. Spoon ½ cup chicken mixture onto center of each rectangle. Pull 4 corners of dough to center of chicken mixture; twist firmly. Pinch edges to seal. Place on ungreased cookie sheet. Brush tops of sandwiches with 1 tablespoon melted butter; sprinkle with crushed croutons.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown.
Leave a Reply