Today I’m sharing an amazing recipe from the test kitchens over at Nabisco. Not only do they have tasty crackers and cookies, but they have some great recipes too.
Sweet Onion Dip is delicious and simple to make. It’s also perfect for a party. Serve with Nabisco Toasted Pita Wheat Thins and your guests will be begging you for the recipe. The sweetness from the sauteed onions and the saltiness of the crackers are a winning combination. To tell you the truth, I probably would not have selected this recipe on my own, but it is so incredibly good. Thanks, Nabisco. Excellent choice!
I will be sharing the fabulous Sweet Onion Dip recipe with step-by-step instructions in just a second. But first, let’s talk holiday party planning. Are you planning a holiday party soon? Well, you’ve come to the right place. I’ve got a few tips for you that will help you plan your next get together.
Holiday Party Tips from Mom Loves Baking:
– Start with a solid colored table cloth. You can’t go wrong with white or cream colored.
– An easy, yet beautiful decoration for your table is always fresh flowers. They have wonderful Fall arrangements at Publix. I like to have two similar arrangements for each end of the table.
– Thanksgiving themed paper plates and napkins add color and are easy clean up.
– Fall leaves also add color and look so festive. You can find them at most craft stores. Or you can use real leaves.
– A centerpiece such as this cute turkey would work or if you can’t find one, you could use a real pumpkin in the center of your table.
– Mini pumpkins or gourds are a nice touch.
– Easy appetizers are the way to go. Less time to prepare and more time to party. I’m including some appetizer ideas for you here.
– Just add family and friends. You’ve got yourself a hoilday party.
Nabisco crackers pair nicely with dips, cheeses, deli meats, fruits and veggies. For this party, I chose Ritz Crackers, Triscuits and Toasted Pita Wheat Thins.
To ensure that my readers get the best deals, NABISCO is providing coupon savings exclusively at Publix. Coupon savings include: save $0.55 when you buy ONE (1) OREO Cookies package and save $0.55 when you buy ONE (1) WHEAT THINS Crackers or TRISCUIT Crackers
Now for the step-by-step instructions for the Sweet Onion Dip. First you slice up two whole sweet onions.
Sautee the onions in a little bit of butter for 30 minutes. Then add some apple cider vinegar and stir for 5 minutes.
Then add sour cream, mayonnaise, whole grain mustard, and chopped fresh parsley. Stir until combined. Serve with Nabisco Toasted Pita Wheat Thins.
This is a gorgeous cheese platter that’s simple to make. I used Brie cheese, Bleu cheese and hard salami. Then added Ritz Crackers, Triscuits and Toasted Pita Wheat Thins, plus grapes and fresh thyme.
For this veggie platter, I purchased pre-sliced carrots and celery. I bought one red pepper and sliced it up. Then used store bought ranch dip that I poured into this pretty bowl.
I also added chicken wings which I got at Publix. Isn’t this a lovely Thanksgiving themed table! Serve the drinks of your choice in a cooler that’s close to the table. If the weather’s nice, take your party outside. Or if it’s too chilly, then indoors is the best bet. Either way, it’s sure to be fun for all. Getting together with friends and family is one of my favorite things to do, how about you? I hope you’ll try this party plan and enjoy!
Check out more party ideas here: NABISCO Party Planner
Recipe goes here.
Sweet Onion Dip & Holiday Party Ideas
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 large sweet onions cut lengthwise in half, then crosswise into thin slices
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley divided
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons whole grain mustard
- Nabisco® WHEAT THINS Toasted Pita Original Oven Baked Crackers
- Melt butter in large skillet on medium heat. Add onions; cook 20 minutes or until golden brown, stirring frequently. Stir in vinegar; cook 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Cool.
- Reserve 1/4 teaspoon parsley. Mix remaining parsley with mayonnaise, sour cream and mustard in medium bowl until blended. Stir onions. Refrigerate 30 minutes or until chilled.
- Garnish with reserved parsley. Serve with crackers.