Honey Peanut Butter Cereal Bars are so yummy and easy to make! Just a few ingredients - honey, peanut butter, chocolate and rice cereal. They're even gluten-free and dairy free too (if you use dairy free chocolate chips).
Obviously, chocolate and peanut butter go together. Have you ever added honey to the mix? These cereal bars have an elevated look and taste! If you love rice krispy treats, you’ll also love these recipes - Strawberry Rice Krispies Cake and Peppermint Bark Rice Krispies Treats.
I've been fighting a cold this week. It's really no fun. I can't remember the last time I was sick. Cough, stuffy nose, and sore throat. Plus, just feeling yucky in general. Of course, I caught it from the children. First my son, then my daughter and now me. I love a change of season, but could definitely do without the cold and flu part.
Thankfully, we're all on the road to recovery. Today I actually felt better for the first time in 5 days. I wanted to make something delicious but didn't feel like turning the oven on. The kids have been wanting a treat.
why i love these honey peanut butter cereal bars
Honey Peanut Butter Cereal Bars are so yummy and simple to make with just a few ingredients. The cereal bar part has just 3 ingredients; honey, peanut butter, and rice cereal. They're even gluten-free.
the best from the bees
I chose a raw, filtered honey. This means after filtering out any impurities, it isn't heated or processed in any other way. The best part is how there is usually a piece of honeycomb inside. This is perfectly edible and absolutely delicious!
There are lots of great uses for honeycomb. Here are a few:
- Toast a piece of your favorite bread or an English muffin. While it is still very hot, spread it lightly with butter.
- With a knife, cut a chunk of comb honey and spread it over the toast. You may have to mash it a bit, but the heat will soften the comb so it flattens into the toast along with the honey.
- It doesn’t melt, but becomes soft and aromatic.
How do I make honey peanut butter cereal bars?
The scrumptious topping is made of melted chocolate, coconut oil, and peanut butter. I'm sharing the step-by-step instructions on how to make these bars and the neat design on top.
For this recipe, I've included the honeycomb. You will be using one 16 oz jar of honey. Pour it into a bowl and break up the honeycomb with your fingers.
Then add one cup of peanut butter. Microwave on high for a couple minutes and stir until smooth. Fold in five cups of rice cereal.
Line an 8"x8" baking pan with aluminum foil. Spray with non-stick cooking spray. Press the rice mixture into the pan.
Melt 1 ½ cups of chocolate chips with 2 tablespoons coconut oil. Stir until smooth. Pour over cereal and spread with a spoon.
Melt ¼ cup of peanut butter in a small bowl in the microwave for about a minute. Pour four lines onto chocolate. Use a toothpick to drag a line horizontally through the peanut butter stripes. Then drag the toothpick in the other direction. Repeat in alternating directions.
Refrigerate bars for 2-3 hours. Slice into squares and serve.
What ingredients do I need for cereal bars?
Honey Peanut Butter Cereal Bars are similar to the traditional rice cereal treats with a twist. The combination of honey and peanut butter is just perfect.
Instead of marshmallows, our bars are stuck together with honey and peanut butter! YUM.
Using coconut oil with the chocolate gives it a nice rich texture, almost like ganache.
Do you love no-bake treats?
They're great for a party or to give the kids a treat after school. So easy to make and no baking required!
What's your favorite recipe with honey? Let me know in the comments, I'd love to hear from you.
You might also like these no bake treats
- Easy Snowman Oreo Cookie Balls
- Paleo Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies
- Strawberry Cream Pie
- Key Lime Yogurt Pie
Honey Peanut Butter Cereal Bars
- 16 ounces honey with honeycomb
- 1 cup natural peanut butter
- 5 cups rice cereal
- 1 ½ cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- ¼ cup natural peanut butter
- Line an 8"x8" square baking pan with aluminum foil. Spray with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Pour honey and honeycomb into a large bowl. Break up the honeycomb with your fingers. Add 1 cup peanut butter. Microwave on high for 1 minute. Stir. Microwave 1 more minute. Stir until smooth. Fold in rice cereal. Pour into prepared pan. Press down with the back of a spoon.
- Meanwhile place chocolate chips and coconut oil in a medium microwave safe bowl. Microwave on high for 1 minute. Stir until smooth and completely melted. Pour over cereal. Smooth with back of a spoon. Melt remaining ¼ cup peanut butter in a small microwave safe bowl for 1 minute. Pour in lines on top of chocolate. Use a toothpick to drag across lines horizontally in alternating directions to create design.
- Refrigerate for 2-3 hours. Slice into bars and serve. Store covered in refrigerator for up to one week.
All text and images © Lise Ode for Mom Loves Baking. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe. Disclaimer: Nutrition information shown is not guaranteed to be accurate. This post may contain affiliate links.