Honey Lemon Tartlets with Flowers are mini tarts made of a shortbread crust and lemon custard sweetened with honey. Honey is the most perfect sweetener for fruit-based desserts.
Honey Lemon Tartlets
It's almost Memorial day, do you know what you're baking? How about these darling Honey Lemon Tartlets with Flowers! I love that they're sweetened with honey and the fresh flowers add a pop of color that's so festive!
Edible flowers? Yes! You'll want to source them carefully to make sure pesticides weren't used when growing, and that they are actual varieties safe to eat.
How to Make Honey Lemon Tartlets with Flowers
1) Make the crust. Cut cold butter in cubes and add to dry ingredients in a food processor as you pulse until a ball forms.
2) Press dough into mini tart pans.
3) Whisk together filling ingredients and pour into prepared crusts.
4) Bake tartlets, let cool and garnish.
How to garnish your tartlets
Garnishing these sweet little Honey Lemon Tartlets is the best part. This is where you can get creative. Dust them with powdered sugar, then add your fresh berries and edible flowers. Create whatever design you wish. Place them on one side or in the middle or all around the edges.
Have you ever eaten flowers?
A word about edible flowers: Make sure you ask your florist which flowers are indeed edible. I couldn't find edible pansies so I used petunias which aren't actually edible but also not toxic. I used them as a garnish and removed them before eating the tartlets.
I hope you will try these beautiful little Honey Lemon Tartlets with Flowers. They're perfect for a dinner party or barbecue to celebrate the holiday weekend.
You might also like these flower desserts
- Oreo Cookie Balls with Flowers
- PEEPS Sunflower Brownie Cake
- Naked Lemon Cake with Fresh Flowers
- Meringue Powder Buttercream Flowers
Want even more? Stay in touch on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, and Instagram for all my latest updates. If you make this recipe, share a photo on social media tagging @momlovesbaking and using the hashtag #momlovesbaking.
Honey Lemon Tartlets with Flowers
For the crust
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup powdered sugar
- ½ cup almond flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter cold and cubed
For the filling
- 3 egg yolks room temperature
- ¼ cup clover honey
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Powdered sugar
- Fresh berries
- Edible flowers
For the crust
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place all of the crust ingredients in a food processor. Pulse until mixture forms a ball. (If you don't have a food processor, use a fork or pastry blender to mash the butter into dry ingredients until crumbs form. Then use your hands to form dough into a ball.)
- Press dough onto the bottom and up the sides of 6 (4-inch) ungreased, non-stick tartlet pans (with removable bottoms). Set aside.
For the filling
- Whisk together egg yolks, sour cream, honey, sugar, lemon juice, zest, and salt until combined and smooth. Pour into prepared crusts. Bake until center is almost set, 25-30 minutes. Let them completely cool on wire rack. Just before serving, sprinkle with powdered sugar. Garnish with berries and edible flowers.
All text and images © Lise Ode for Mom Loves Baking. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe. Disclaimer: Nutrition information shown is not guaranteed to be accurate. This post may contain affiliate links.