Rustic Honey Peach and Blueberry Galette is like a flat pie without the pie plate, made with a flaky crust on a cookie sheet, topped with a peach and blueberry filling, baked and then drizzled with raw honey!
Peach and blueberry season is in full swing here in Georgia. Time to make pie! But not just any pie. I thought it would be fun to make a galette (fancy French word for a free-formed round pastry filled with fruit). Have you ever made one? It's amazingly simple with just a few ingredients, yet a very impressive presentation. It's more work than a cobbler, but worth the oohs and ahhs you will receive.
A Very Special Honey
Honey is the perfect sweetener for summer fruit. This Rustic Honey Peach and Blueberry Galette is made with raw and unfiltered honey. If you haven't tried it yet, you will be impressed with the flavor.
Why I Use raw Honey
- Raw and unfiltered honey has a natural protein boost.
- You can usually find it in clover or wildflower varieties.
- Check for the Grade A label - this means the honey meets standards for taste and clairty.
How to Make Rustic Honey Peach and Blueberry Galette
• Stir together peaches, blueberries, cornstarch, and sugar.
• Pour onto a flat (store-bought) pie crust, fold sides over fruit.
• Add dough leaves, if desired (I used a knife to cut them out).
• Brush with egg wash and bake.
• Let cool and drizzle with honey.
I hope you enjoy this Rustic Honey Peach and Blueberry Galette recipe. It's BERRY good!
Is fruit your favorite summer dessert?
I hope you will share your favorite summer desserts in the comments below. Do you crave fresh fruit in summer like I do?
You might also like these summer desserts
Want even more? Stay in touch on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, and Instagram for all my latest updates. If you make this recipe, share a photo on social media tagging @momlovesbaking and using the hashtag #momlovesbaking.
Rustic Honey Peach and Blueberry Galette
- 2 store bought pie crusts rolled dough, not in pie plate
- 2 large peaches thinly sliced
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 large egg beaten
- raw honey for drizzling
- vanilla ice cream optional
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a half sheet pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Place sliced peaches and blueberries in a large bowl. Stir in sugar and cornstarch until completely combined.
- Unroll pie crusts onto a lightly floured surface. Use a rolling pin to flatten the pie crusts. Place one of them on the prepared pan. Pour filling into the middle, then fold the edges up over the filling (there will be exposed fruit in the middle). Cut leaves out of the remaining pie crust. Use a sharp knife to cut the dough into the shape of leaves of different sizes (small, medium and large). With a butter knife, create lines in the leaves to make them look more realistic. Place leaves around the edge of the galette.
- LIghtly brush beaten egg all over the pie crust before baking. Don't brush it on too thick. You'll definitely have extra egg leftover which you can scramble and eat as a snack while your galette bakes.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly in the middle. Let it cool slightly, then drizzle honey on top. Serve with vanilla ice cream, if desired.
All text and images © Lise Ode for Mom Loves Baking. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe. Disclaimer: Nutrition information shown is not guaranteed to be accurate. This post may contain affiliate links.