Rustic Honey Peach and Blueberry Galette is like a flat pie without the pie plate, made with a flaky crust on a cookie sheet, topped with a peach and blueberry filling, baked and then drizzled with Aunt Sue’s Raw & Unfiltered Honey.
Peach and blueberry season is in full swing here in Georgia. Time to make pie! But not just any pie. I thought it would be fun to make a galette (fancy French word for a free formed round pastry filled with fruit). Have you ever made one? It’s amazingly simple with just a few ingredients, yet a very impressive presentation. (Scroll to bottom of this post for the complete recipe.)
A Very Special Honey
Honey is the perfect sweetener for summer fruit. This Rustic Honey Peach and Blueberry Galette is made with a very special honey – Aunt Sue’s Raw & Unfiltered Honey. It comes from the Sioux Honey Association Co-op which was founded by a group of independent beekeepers in 1921 as a way to work together to bring the best quality honey to market. For many of the co-op members, it’s a trade that’s been passed down from generation to generation. How cool is that!
Why I Use Aunt Sue’s Honey
• Aunt Sue’s is raw and unfiltered, giving you the benefits of natural protein.
• Aunt Sue’s is available in two bold flavors – wildflower or clover.
• Aunt Sue’s is “pure, premium, U.S. Grade A honey” that’s tested for the highest quality in purity, clarity and flavor.
• Aunt Sue’s is delicious with pie!
Independent Family Beekeepers
When it comes to honey, it’s important to know where it comes from. I love that the Sioux Honey Association Co-op includes 250+ independent family beekeepers. Both Sue Bee Honey and Aunt Sue’s Raw & Unfiltered Honey come straight from the co-op member’s hives! The farmer’s own the company so there’s no middle man.
How to Make Rustic Honey Peach and Blueberry Galette
• Stir together peaches, blueberries, cornstarch and sugar.
• Pour onto a flat (store bought) pie crust, fold sides over fruit.
• Add dough leaves, if desired (I used a knife to cut them out).
• Brush with egg wash and bake.
• Let cool and drizzle with Aunt Sue’s Raw & Unfiltered Honey.
I hope you enjoy this Rustic Honey Peach and Blueberry Galette recipe. It’s BERRY good!
Make sure you tag your photos with #momlovesbaking on Instagram.
Sue Bee and Aunt Sue’s products can be found in most major grocery stores or are available online.
Get honey recipes, treats, other ways to use honey, and new beekeeper profiles every month when you sign up for the Hive digital magazine.
Don’t forget to Pin on Pinterest!
Rustic Honey Peach and Blueberry Galette
- 2 store bought pie crusts (rolled dough, not in pie plate)
- 2 large peaches, thinly sliced
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 large egg, beaten
- Aunt Sue's Raw & Unfiltered Honey, for drizzling
- vanilla ice cream, optional
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a half sheet pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Place sliced peaches and blueberries in a large bowl. Stir in sugar and cornstarch until completely combined.
- Unroll pie crusts onto a lightly floured surface. Use a rolling pin to flatten the pie crusts. Place one of them on the prepared pan. Pour filling into the middle, then fold the edges up over the filling (there will be exposed fruit in the middle). Cut leaves out of the remaining pie crust. Use a sharp knife to cut the dough into the shape of leaves of different sizes (small, medium and large). With a butter knife, create lines in the leaves to make them look more realistic. Place leaves around the edge of the galette.
- LIghtly brush beaten egg all over the pie crust before baking. Don't brush it on too thick. You'll definitely have extra egg leftover which you can scramble and eat as a snack while your galette bakes.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly in the middle. Let it cool slightly, then drizzle honey on top. Serve with vanilla ice cream, if desired.
This Rustic Honey Peach and Blueberry Galette post was sponsored by Sioux Honey Association Co-op. All opinions are mine alone. #sharesweetness #honeyyouknow