Peppermint Bark Rice Krispies Treats are chocolate rice krispies treats with melted chocolate, topped with classic rice krispies treats, white chocolate and crushed candy canes. So many delicious layers in these holiday bars. Tastes like peppermint bark with an extra crunch!
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #TidingsAndTreats #CollectiveBias
What are Peppermint Bark Rice Krispies Treats?
A fun mash-up of two of my favorite desserts, peppermint bark and Rice Krispies Treats. And what an amazing flavor combination it is! Creamy chocolate peppermint goodness meets that classic crunch from everyone’s favorite cereal bars. The result: pure Heaven!
What You Need For This Recipe
This recipe incorporates both Kellogg’s Rice Krispies cereal AND Kellogg’s Cocoa Krispies cereal. It’s a winning combination and great for the holidays!
How to Make Peppermint Bark Rice Krispies Treats
This dessert is very simple to make.
- Start by making a half batch of Cocoa Krispies Treats and press into a greased 13″x9″ pan. Spread with melted semi-sweet chocolate chips. Refrigerate.
2) Meanwhile, mash up candy canes by putting them in a sealed zip-top plastic bag and pound with a rolling pin or unopened can of soup.
3) Next, remove the Cocoa Krispies Treats from the refrigerator. Make a half batch of Rice Krispies Treats. Carefully press onto the chocolate layer. Spread with melted white chocolate chips. Sprinkle with chopped candy canes.
4) Let them cool and set for about 1 hour. Slice into bars and serve.
For extra festive treats, try the limited edition holiday colored Rice Krispies (red & green) which is in stores now.
Peppermint Bark Rice Krispies Treats would be terrific for a holiday party or family gathering. I’m sure Santa would be more than happy to have a few bites before dashing off to his next chimney.
Want even more? Subscribe to Mom Loves Baking to get new recipes and a newsletter delivered to your inbox. And stay in touch on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, and Instagram for all my latest updates. If you make this recipe, share a photo on social media tagging @momlovesbaking and using the hashtag #momlovesbaking.
Peppermint Bark Rice Krispies Treat
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter divided
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows divided
- 3 cups Kellogg's Cocoa Krispies cereal
- 1/2 teaspoon mint flavoring
- 3 cups Kellogg's Rice Krispies cereal
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips melted
- 3 cups white chocolate chips melted
- 1 cup chopped candy canes
- Grease a 13"x9" baking pan. Set aside.
- In a heavy saucepan, melt 2 tablespoons butter and 2 cups miniature marshmallows on medium heat. As soon as the marshmallows have melted, stir in mint flavoring, then remove from heat and stir in the Kellogg's Cocoa Krispies cereal. Press into prepared pan. Pour melted semi-sweet chocolate chips over cereal and spread to make a smooth layer. Place in refrigerator. Repeat this process with the Kellogg's Rice Krispies cereal layer (melt remaining butter/marshmallows, add cereal, stir, and spread over chilled chocolate layer.) Set aside.
- Meanwhile, place candy canes in a zip-top plastic bag. Seal the bag and pound with rolling pin or unopened soup can.
- Spread melted white chocolate over Rice Krispies Treats and sprinkle with chopped candy canes. Let set for about 1 hour. Slice into bars.
More Cookies You’ll Love
All text and images © Lise Ode for Mom Loves Baking. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe. Disclaimer: Nutrition information shown is not guaranteed to be accurate. This post may contain affiliate links.