Peppermint Bark Rice Krispies Treats
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #TidingsAndTreats #CollectiveBias
Peppermint Bark Rice Krispies Treats are a fun mash-up of two of my favorite desserts, peppermint bark and Rice Krispies Treats. And what an amazing flavor combination it is! Creamy chocolate peppermint goodness meets that classic crunch from everyone’s favorite cereal bars. The result: pure Heaven!
Peppermint Bark Rice Krispies Treats incorporates both Kellogg’s Rice Krispies cereal AND Kellogg’s Cocoa Krispies cereal. It’s a winning combination and great for the holidays!
I found the Kellogg’s Rice Krispies cereal and Kellogg’s Cocoa Krispies cereal at Target on the CEREAL aisle. And now is the perfect time to make Peppermint Bark Rice Krispies Treats because there is a special offer in Target stores. Here’s the deal: Buy 2 Get Free Jet puffed marshmallows offer in-store 11/13 – 12/3 on Rice & Cocoa Krispies, discount taken at the register.
Peppermint Bark Rice Krispies Treats are very simple to make. Start by making a half batch of Cocoa Krispies Treats and press into a greased 13″x9″ pan. Spread with melted semi-sweet chocolate chips. Refrigerate.
Meanwhile, mash up candy canes by putting them in a sealed zip-top plastic bag and pound with a rolling pin or unopened can of soup.
Next, remove the Cocoa Krispies Treats from the refrigerator. Make a half batch of Rice Krispies Treats. Carefully press onto the chocolate layer. Spread with melted white chocolate chips. Sprinkle with chopped candy canes.
Let them cool and set for about 1 hour. Slice into bars and serve.
For extra festive treats, try the limited edition holiday colored Rice Krispies (red & green) which is in stores now.
In the spirit of the season, Rice Krispies will donate a toy to toys for tots for every treat shared. Isn’t that wonderful! Here’s how it works: Make a treat, share a photo of your treat using #Treats4Toys, and Rice Krispies will donate a toy to a child in need!
Peppermint Bark Rice Krispies Treats would be terrific for a holiday party or family gathering. I’m sure Santa would be more than happy to have a few bites before dashing off to his next chimney.
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows, divided
- 3 cups Kellogg's Cocoa Krispies cereal
- 1/2 teaspoon mint flavoring
- 3 cups Kellogg's Rice Krispies cereal
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted
- 3 cups white chocolate chips, melted
- 1 cup chopped candy canes
- Grease a 13"x9" baking pan. Set aside.
- In a heavy saucepan, melt 2 tablespoons butter and 2 cups miniature marshmallows on medium heat. As soon as the marshmallows have melted, remove from heat and stir in the Kellogg's Cocoa Krispies cereal. Press into prepared pan. Pour melted semi-sweet chocolate chips over cereal and spread to make a smooth layer. Place in refrigerator. Repeat this process with the Kellogg's Rice Krispies cereal layer (melt remaining butter/marshmallows, add cereal, stir, and spread over chilled chocolate layer.) Set aside.
- Meanwhile, place candy canes in a zip-top plastic bag. Seal the bag and pound with rolling pin or unopened soup can.
- Spread melted white chocolate over Rice Krispies Treats and sprinkle with chopped candy canes. Let set for about 1 hour. Slice into bars.