Easy Peppermint Bark Brownies are made with a boxed brownie mix, then doctored up with a layer of homemade peppermint bark candy on top. A super easy and delicious treat that's perfect for the holidays.
Your family will love these minty brownies and especially if they're big fans of peppermint bark. You might also like my Peppermint Bark Rice Krispies Treats recipe.
Do you love Peppermint Bark Candy?
Peppermint bark is my favorite candy at Christmas. I just love mint. Mint tea, mint coffee, mint creamer, mint lip balm, mint shampoo, mint soap. I'm just mint crazy! Anyway, I needed to make brownies for 65 kids at my church last Sunday. I wanted to make them festive but didn't want them to be too complicated. So I used a brownie mix. Then I just melted white chocolate and added crushed candy canes. Easy peezy! And the kids in the youth group loved them. Luckily, I had another very sweet mom helping, so I made 3 dozen peppermint bark brownies and she made 3 dozen plain brownies. It's hard for me to understand but not everyone likes mint. So the non-mint loving kids were covered too. Thanks, Joanna!
These Peppermint Bark Brownies are so Christmassy and remind me of my favorite candy.
How to make easy peppermint bark brownies
So you start by making a store bought brownie mix. I like to line my pan with aluminum foil, so it's easier to get the brownies out after they're baked. Spray the pan with cookie spray first. Add the foil and press down to the shape of the pan. Spray again.
While the brownies are baking, you can crush the candy canes and prepare the frosting. I used regular sized candy canes but I think the little ones would have been better because they're softer and easier to crush.
I used my food processor to do the crushing but you could put them in a ziploc bag, seal it and pound with something heavy like a can of tomatoes.
Then you melt your white chocolate chips with shortening in the microwave with some shortening to make it smooth and creamy.
As soon as it's melted, pour onto cooled brownies. Spread evenly and sprinkle with the crushed candy canes. Then refrigerate to let the chocolate set. Super simple and so minty!
You might also like...
Want even more? Stay in touch on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, and Instagram for all my latest updates. If you make this recipe, share a photo on social media tagging @momlovesbaking and using the hashtag #momlovesbaking.
Easy Peppermint Bark Brownies
- 1 box brownie mix, plus ingredients needed according to package instructions 18 oz
- 6 regular sized candy canes crushed
- 1 ½ cups white chocolate chips 256g
- 2 tablespoons heaping, vegetable shortening 32g
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line a 13x9 pan with aluminum foil, spraying pan with cooking spray before and after adding foil. Prepare brownies according to package instructions. Cool as directed.
- Place chips and shortening in a medium microwave safe bowl. Microwave on high for 30 seconds. Stir. Microwave for 30 seconds more and stir until smooth. Microwave for 10 more seconds if needed but be careful, white chocolate can burn easily.
- Pour melted chips onto cooled brownies. Sprinkle with crushed candy. Place in refrigerator to set, about 30 minutes. Serve immediately or store in airtight container for 3 days at room temperature or 1 week in refrigerator.
All text and images © Lise Ode for Mom Loves Baking. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe. Disclaimer: Nutrition information shown is not guaranteed to be accurate. This post may contain affiliate links.