This No Bake Key Lime Yogurt Pie is a delicious dairy free, gluten free alternative to the classic key lime pie dessert. And it's SO easy to make. You don't even have to turn on the oven. Perfect Summer dessert!
And just like that, Summer is over and the kids are back in school! They had gotten used to sort of snacking whenever they were hungry during the Summer months, but now that they're on a stricter schedule, they're super hungry when they get home from school. And they're always in the mood for a treat.
Yogurt In Desserts
No Bake Key Lime Yogurt Pie is perfect for my daughter, Savannah, since she has Hashimotos and can't have dairy or gluten. I used a new flavor of coconut yogurt I found for her, key lime. I knew she'd be excited to try it and even better when it's in a pie!
What Do I need for No Bake Key Lime Pie?
While this is a no bake recipe, we still need to use the stove. Gelatin is key for thickening the yogurt.
Step by Step Instructions
Making this No Bake Key Lime Yogurt Pie is super simple. Start by adding some water and key lime juice to a small saucepan. Sprinkle in some unflavored gelatin and let it hang out for about 5 minutes. Add a little bit of sugar and a tiny bit of salt. Place on medium low heat and stir constantly until all is dissolved. Let cool slightly.
Next, pour gelatin mixture in a medium sized mixing bowl. Whisk in 3 cartons of dairy free yogurt and half a carton of dairy free whipped topping. I added a little bit of green food coloring, but this step is optional.
Is this gluten-free?
Yes! Many grocery stores now have gluten- and dairy-free products that work. Pour the filling into a graham cracker crust and chill for about 4 hours. The waiting is the hardest part!
Garnish with more dairy free whipped topping, lime zest, lime slices and cherries. And voila! Your No Bake Key Lime Yogurt Pie is ready to serve.
Such a light and refreshing dessert the kids can enjoy after a long, hard day at school!
Do you bake around allergies?
You might also like...
No Bake Key Lime Yogurt Pie
- 3 cartons dairy-free key lime yogurt 5.3 oz each
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup key lime juice
- 2 packets unflavored gelatin or 5 teaspoons
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 9 ounces dairy free whipped topping thawed and divided
- 1-2 drops green food coloring if desired
- 1 store bought gluten free graham cracker pie crust
- 2 limes
- 8-10 Maraschino cherries
- Pour water and key lime juice into a small saucepan. Sprinkle gelatin over liquid and let it sit for 5 minutes. Add sugar and salt. Place pan over medium low heat and stir until gelatin and sugar are completely dissolved. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- Pour gelatin mixture into a medium sized mixing bowl. Whisk in the yogurt and one half of the container of whipped topping until smooth. Stir in food coloring, if desired. Pour into crust and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
- Serve with more whipped topping, grated lime zest, lime slices and cherries on top.
- Store covered in refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Featured on Southern Plate's Meal Plan Monday