Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free Pumpkin Cheesecake is a tasty, no-bake pumpkin cheesecake pie made with no dairy; all in a gluten free graham cracker crust.
My mom came up with this recipe! She hasn’t always been gluten-free and dairy-free, but she’s always been very creative in the kitchen. My mom is the one who taught me how to create my own recipes and she’s very good at it! Thanks, mom!
For this dessert, she wanted a pumpkin pie, but needed to use a gluten-free graham cracker crust which you can’t bake in the oven. That’s when she decided to make it a no-bake, cheesecake pie.
Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free Pumpkin Cheesecake has all the cozy flavors of a classic pumpkin pie! Plus, it’s creamy and delicious! And as a bonus, it’s even lowfat!
Making this pie is so simple and you don’t even have to turn on the oven!
Click here for the tutorial video: How to Make Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free Pumpkin Cheesecake.
Start by mixing up canned pumpkin, dark brown sugar (I used organic Sucanat which is all natural evaporated cane juice), cinnamon, ginger, coriander, nutmeg, ground cloves and salt. Set aside.
For the crust, I used a store bought gluten free graham cracker crust by Mi-Del which I found at Publix.
Meanwhile, dissolve a package of plain gelatin in some water. Pour the pumpkin mixture, gelatin mixture and Tofutti cream cheese into a food processor. I used a Cuisinart DLC-2011CHBY Prep 11 Plus 11-Cup Food Processor, Brushed Stainless and pulsed the mixture until smooth. Then pour into the crust and chill for 4 hours or overnight.
Once it’s chilled, it’s ready to serve. If you want to make it extra pretty, pipe non-dairy whipped topping on top. I used Cocowhip which I found in the freezer section at Publix. I’d never heard of it before but it’s really good and made from coconut milk. I used a pastry bag with a 1M pastry tip to pipe the Cocowhip.
Garnish with pumpkin candy corns, if desired. I’m actually not sure if they’re gluten-free or dairy-free. Check the package.
Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free Pumpkin Cheesecake would be a great dessert to bring for a holiday party! Your allergy sensitive friends and family will be so happy!
Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free Pumpkin Cheesecake
- 15 ounces canned pumpkin I used organic
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar I used organic Sucanat
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 package plain gelatin
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 ounces Tofutti cream cheese
- 1 gluten free graham cracker crust I used Mi-Del
- Frozen Cocowhip or non-dairy whipped topping thawed
- Candy corn pumpkins
- Mix pumpkin, spices and salt. Set aside. Dissolve gelatin in water. Stir. Pour pumpkin mixture, gelatin mixture and Tofutti cream cheese into a food processor. Pulse until smooth. Pour into crust. Refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
- Serve with Cocowhip or Cool Whip. You can use a pastry bag with a 1M tip to pipe whipped topping onto pie. Garnish with candy pumpkins. Store covered in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Note: don't put pumpkin candies in the refrigerator because they will melt.
This recipe is featured on the Southern Plate Meal Plan Monday #32!
This post contains affiliate links.