Who doesn't love the classic Strawberry Cool Whip Pie (also known as strawberry fluff pie)! So easy to make with just a few simple ingredients, strawberry Jello, Cool Whip, Greek yogurt and graham cracker crust.
If you love this retro pie, you will also love Lemon Chiffon Pie. Or if it's more Summer dessert recipes you're looking for try No-Bake Key Lime Pie or Sugar Free Strawberry Pie.
Why I love this recipe
• Pink strawberry pie is a family favorite. And this delicious dessert is so simple to make.
• Cool Whip pie is total comfort food for me. And I absolutely LOVE the pink color!
• So light and refreshing with a sweet berry flavor. Perfect for a hot Summer day.
• You don't have to turn on the oven to make this delicious strawberry jello pie. It's no-bake baby!
Greek Yogurt - This isn't in the original recipe. I added it so there would be some protein. You can omit if you wish and replace with Cool Whip.
Strawberry Gelatin - I used strawberry Jell-o but you can use your favorite brand. You could also try different flavors such as raspberry, cherry or orange.
Thawed Cool Whip - Any brand of frozen whipped topping will work in this recipe. Just make sure it is thawed before using.
Graham Cracker Crust - Oops, I forgot to put it in the photo. You can use a premade graham cracker crust (I used a gluten free graham cracker crust - Midel brand).
how to make this recipe
- In a large bowl, add ½ cup boiling water to strawberry jello powder, stir until dissolved. Add 1 cup ice cubes and stir.
- Then add ½ of an 8 oz. container of Cool Whip and 1 cup Greek yogurt to the gelatin mixture and whisk together with a wire whisk.
- Keep whisking jello mixture until it's smooth and creamy.
- Pour gelatin cool whip mixture into a ready made graham cracker crust. Refrigerate 4 hours.
• Pipe swirls of extra Cool Whip on top of pie using a pastry bag fitted with a 1M tip.
• Garnish pie with fresh berries such as sliced strawberries.
• If you want to make a homemade crust, mix together 1 ½ cups graham cracker crumbs, ⅓ cup granulated sugar and 6 tablespoons melted butter. Press into the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch pie plate. Bake for 10 minutes at 350°F. Let cool.
Frequently asked questions
How do I store my no bake strawberry pie? Keep refrigerated until ready to serve. Store leftover pie covered for 3-4 days.
Is it ok to freeze this pie? No, it is not recommended as the crust tends to get soggy when thawed.
Can I make this type of pie ahead of time? You can make it the day before serving for best results, but keep in mind that it tastes the freshest the first two days.
Can I used a different gelatin flavor? Absolutely! Use whatever flavor you would like such as peach, lemon, cherry, raspberry or lime.
Love this recipe? If you try it, be sure to tag me on @Instagram! You can also find me on Pinterest, YouTube and Facebook.
Strawberry Cool Whip Pie
- 1 9-inch premade graham cracker crust I used a Midel gluten free crust.
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt (whole milk)
- 1 package strawberry gelatin (3 oz) I used Jell-o brand.
- 1 container frozen whipped topping, thawed (8 oz) I used Cool Whip.
- In a large bowl, add ½ cup boiling water to strawberry jello powder, stir until dissolved. Add 1 cup ice cubes and stir. Then add ½ of the Cool Whip and 1 cup Greek yogurt to the gelatin mixture and whisk together.
- Keep whisking jello mixture until it's smooth and creamy. Pour gelatin cool whip mixture into a ready made graham cracker crust. Refrigerate 4 hours.
- Pipe swirls of extra Cool Whip on top of pie using a pastry bag fitted with a 1M tip. Garnish pie with fresh berries such as sliced strawberries.
- Keep refrigerated until ready to serve. Store leftover pie covered for 3-4 days.
Really good and really easy! I am not a baker or a cook so this was great! Thanks Lise
Lise Ode says
So glad you enjoyed!