The Best Gluten Free Waffles are so good, you’d never know they’re gluten free. They’re delicious and taste like classic, Belgian waffles!
Mom, Can You Make Gluten Free Waffles?
The other day, my daughter wanted waffles for breakfast, but she can’t have gluten. I recently came up with a great gluten free flour mix called My Favorite Homemade Gluten Free Flour Blend and it’s working beautifully. So far, it works measure for measure for regular flour in most baking recipes. This was the first time I tried it with a traditional waffle recipe and the results were amazing. These waffles are the best!
Gluten Free Waffles Are Really Good!
These waffles are just what you would expect, slightly crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. The perfect consistency for the syrup of your choice. I was a little heavy handed when I poured the syrup on for this photo. I don’t usually put that much, although my 13 yr. old son would think this was just the right amount! My daughter used regular syrup on her waffles and I used agave nectar which was also tasty! And of course, strawberries. You can’t forget the strawberries!
Waffle Topping Options
Other topping options are honey, powdered sugar or jam. Or you could serve as a dessert and create and ice cream waffle sundae with ice cream, sprinkles, chocolate syrup, cherries, etc.
I know this photo isn’t in focus, but had to include it. I love a good syrup pouring shot. I was trying to pour the syrup with one hand and shoot the photo with the other. Hence the focus troubles. I needed an assistant or a remote control!
How to Make The Best Gluten Free Waffles
The beauty of any waffle or pancake recipe is that they are super easy to whip up. You basically just add all the ingredients to a bowl and stir it up. Then pour into a preheated waffle iron and bake! Scroll down for complete recipe.
My Favorite Waffle Maker
I used a Calphalon Waffle Maker to make The Best Gluten Free Waffles! It’s non-stick so you don’t even have to grease the waffle iron. The waffles come out perfect every time. No joke. Love it!
Don’t Forget to Pin this Recipe for The Best Gluten Free Waffles on Pinterest!
I love to see YOUR photos. If you make this recipe, take a photo and tag @momlovesbaking on Instagram for a chance to be featured.
The Best Gluten Free Waffles
- 1 3/4 cups My Favorite Homemade Gluten Free Flour Blend 235g
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 large beaten eggs room temperature
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter melted and slightly cooled
- 1 1/2 cups milk of choice I used almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat nonstick waffle iron according to manufacture's instructions.
- In a large bowl, add gluten free flour blend, baking powder, xanthan gum, sugar and salt. Whisk together.
- Pour beaten eggs, melted butter, milk and vanilla into bowl with dry ingredients. Stir until completely combined. It's ok if there are a few lumps.
- Pour batter onto waffle iron according to manufacturer's instructions. I used about 1/3 cup of batter per waffle and baked them for 2-4 minutes. Because they are gluten free, they do take longer to bake then regular waffles.
- Serve with your favorite syrup plus berries and whipped cream or whipped coconut cream if you wish.
Note: This article contains affiliate links.