Grilled Chicken Cilantro Lime Rice Bowl is an easy recipe your whole family will love and a great meal to add to your weekly rotation.
Winner winner chicken dinner! Who else loves simple meals that you can put together in a hurry? Well then you've come to the right place! I'm a busy mom that loves to bake, but to be honest, I'm not the best cook. But I do want to provide healthy, delicious meals for my family. This Grilled Chicken Cilantro Lime Rice Bowl is definitely a winner.
My husband and I teamed up to bring together this tasty meal. He grilled the chicken on the barbecue while I made the rice and prepared the veggies. It's always fun to have a helper in the kitchen, especially when he's excellent at grilling! Thanks, Jay!
The star of this show is Vigo Cilantro Lime Rice. Have you ever tried it? Our family has been enjoying Vigo Yellow Rice for many years. It's been a staple in our house for a very long time. But this is the first time we tried the Cilantro Lime flavor and it's really delicious!
It's just as easy to make as the yellow rice. Simple boil 2 cups of water, add 2 tablespoons of oil or butter, bring to a boil, add the rice and stir for a minute. Then place a lid on top, turn down heat and simmer for 20 minutes. Easy peasy! It comes out light and fluffy with a wonderful cilantro lime flavor.
Cilantro Lime Rice is the perfect canvas for this rice bowl recipe. I love that it's gluten free, has no artificial flavors, colors or preservatives and no added MSG. This is an extra bonus for us since my daughter can't have gluten.
Making this dish is so simple. Simply grab a bowl and start adding everything. Start with a scoop of Vigo Cilantro Lime Rice, then add black beans, chopped tomatoes, chopped grilled chicken, chopped fresh cilantro, and cheddar cheese. Squeeze lime juice on top.
Then drizzle with your favorite Ranch dressing. I used Chipotle Ranch dressing. Grab a fork and dig in. You can also add corn if you like.
My husband and son especially loved this dish. I hope you will try my Grilled Chicken Cilantro Lime Rice Bowl. If you enjoyed this recipe, be sure to share it on social media.
Grilled Chicken Cilantro Lime Rice Bowl
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast grilled - I brushed with olive oil first and added salt/pepper
- 15 ounces black beans drained
- 8 ounces Vigo Cilantro Lime Rice cooked according to package instructions
- 1 large tomato, chopped or 1 cup chopped grape tomatoes
- 1 - 1 ½ cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 small package frozen corn, cooked according to package instructions optional
- 1 large lime, sliced
- Fresh cilantro
- Ranch dressing to taste (I used Chipotle Ranch)
- Create four rice bowls with the above ingredients. Divide the chicken, beans, rice, tomatoes, cheese and corn evenly between four bowls. Squeeze lime juice on top.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro.
- Add Ranch Dressing and serve.