Gluten Free Snickerdoodle Cookies - deliciously soft and chewy butter cookies, rolled in cinnamon sugar which gives them a slight crunch. This just might be the perfect gluten free cookie!
I created this Gluten Free Snickerdoodle Cookies recipe for a holiday baking exchange on Instagram with Gustus Vitae, a company that makes artisan spices and seasonings. Gustus Vitae means "taste of life" in Latin.
Why did I make this recipe gluten free
Since my daughter and mom can't have gluten, I thought it would be nice to create a gluten free version of the classic snickerdoodle cookie! Then, instead of dipping them in cinnamon sugar, I chose these three gourmet infused sugars from Gustus Vitae to dip the cookie dough in before baking - pumpkin spice cane sugar, apple pie cane sugar and gingerbread cane sugar.
The cookies came out great! You'd never know that they are gluten free and the flavored sugars were an added bonus!
These Gustus Vitae gourmet infused cane sugars are available on amazon.
How to make your own Cinnamon Sugar
Place ¼ cup granulated sugar and ¾ teaspoon cinnamon in a medium bowl.
Whisk together until completely combined.
Dip each cookie dough ball in cinnamon sugar before baking.
I hope you enjoy this cookie recipe! Gluten Free Snickerdoodle Cookies are perfect for the holidays or anytime of year for that matter.
Note: This post includes affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Want even more? Stay in touch on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, and Instagram for all my latest updates. If you make this recipe, share a photo on social media tagging @momlovesbaking and using the hashtag #momlovesbaking.
Gluten Free Snickerdoodle Cookies
- ½ cup unsalted butter softened
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg room temperature
- 1 ¼ cups plus 2 Tablespoons gluten free flour I used King Arthur Measure for Measure
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons flavored sugar I used Gustus Vitae or you can mix ¾ teaspoon of cinnamon and ¼ cup sugar together.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Cream butter and ¾ cup granulated sugar. Add egg and stir to combine. Add the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt. Mix until completely combined.
- Refrigerate cookie dough for 10 minutes. Shape into 18 balls. Dip each ball in flavored sugar of your choice.
- Place on a parchment lined sheet pan (cookie sheet with raised edges) and gently flatten before baking. Bake for 11-13 minutes. Let cool and serve. Store in air tight container for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 1 month.