Gluten Free Snickerdoodle Cookies – a recipe post by Mom Loves Baking.
I created this Gluten Free Snickerdoodle Cookies recipe for a holiday baking exchange on Instagram that was sponsored by Gustus Vitae, a company that makes artisan spices and seasonings. Gustus Vitae means “taste of life” in Latin.
Since my daughter and mom can’t have gluten, I thought it would be nice to create a gluten free version of the classic snickerdoodle cookie! Then, instead of dipping them in cinnamon sugar, I chose these three gourmet infused sugars from Gustus Vitae to dip the cookie dough in before baking – pumpkin spice cane sugar, apple pie cane sugar and gingerbread cane sugar.
The cookies came out great! You’d never know that they are gluten free and the flavored sugars were an added bonus!
These gourmet infused cane sugars are available on the Gustus Vitae website, plus you can get 30% off with my special code Ode30! They have salt blends too!
Christmas is over but this is a cookie that’s good all year round! And if you make these Gluten Free Snickerdoodle Cookies, be sure and share a photo with the tag @momlovesbaking on Instagram!
Note: If you aren’t able to get the gourmet infused cane sugars, then you can used cinnamon sugar. Use 1 tablespoon cinnamon mixed into 1/4 cup of sugar.
Gluten Free Snickerdoodle Cookies
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups gluten free flour, plus 2 T. (I used King Arthur Measure for Measure)
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons flavored sugar (I used Gustus Vitae in pumpkin spice, apple pie and gingerbread))
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cream butter and 3/4 cup granulated sugar. Add egg and stir to combine. Add the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt. Mix until completely combined. Refrigerate cookie dough for 10 minutes. Shape into 18 balls. Dip each ball in flavored sugar of your choice. Place on a parchment lined sheet pan (cookie sheet with raised edges) and gently flatten before baking. Bake for 11-13 minutes. Let cool and serve. Store in air tight container for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 1 month.