This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser, MARS Wrigley Confectionery US, LLC. All opinions are mine alone. #CelebrateSummerSweetness #CollectiveBias
Summer is here! Who’s excited? Are you ready for lots of Summer parties and barbecues? I’m always excited about 4th of July and love to create festive desserts for the occasion. This Red, White & Blue M&M’S® Candy Cake is the perfect addition to your Summer dessert table and especially Independence Day. Impress your guests with this adorable cake. It’s easy to make with the Red, White and Blue M&M’S® Milk Chocolate candies Pantry Jar, available at Sam’s Club!
I used the Red, White and Blue M&M’S® Milk Chocolate candies Pantry Jar to decorate this cake which was awesome because I had plenty of M&M’S® candies for decoration, then lots left over to serve at my party. It’s also a terrific price when you’re a member of Sam’s Club. Click the photo above to shop for this product.
Save BIG on Your Summer Parties at Sam’s Club!
• I purchased the Red, White and Blue M&M’S® Milk Chocolate candies Pantry Jar and Red, White & Blue M&M’S® Peanut Chocolate candies Pantry Jar at Sam’s Club. The pantry jars are a great value and were easy to find on the candy aisle.
• Celebrate July 4th deliciously with Red, White & Blue M&M’S® Milk Chocolate candies. As always, these bite-size chocolates are made with creamy milk chocolate and coated in a colorful candy shell for a fun, cheerful treat.
• If you’re nuts for peanuts like me, stock up on Red, White & Blue M&M’S® Peanut Chocolate candies.
How to Make the Red, White & Blue M&M’S® Candy Cake:
Step 1: Separate the M&M’S® candies by color. Set aside.
Step 2: Bake 2 (6-inch) round cakes and let cool.
Note: I used a yellow cake mix to save time. You can use your favorite recipe or mix.
Step 3: Fill and frost your cake with vanilla buttercream frosting (recipe to follow).
Step 4: Place M&M’S® candies on side of cake in a diagonal striped pattern. Start with red, then blue and white. Repeat.
Step 5: Slice, serve and enjoy!
I hope you have fun making this patriotic cake! It’s a wonderful centerpiece for your Summer party. Happy 4th!
Red, White and Blue M&M'S® Candy Cake
This Red, White and Blue M&M'S® Candy Cake - a vanilla cake with buttercream frosting, covered on all sides with M&M'S® candies - is easy to make with the Red, White and Blue M&M'S® Milk Chocolate candies Pantry Jar!
- 1 (15.25oz) yellow cake mix of choice
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 4 cups powdered sugar (or 16 ounces)
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup Red, White and Blue M&M'S® Milk Chocolate candies, divided (or more, if needed)
For the cake:
Prepare mix according to package instruction. Bake in 2 (6-inch) round cake pans lined with parchment paper and sprayed with cooking spray. Bake at 350°F for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Let cool.
For the frosting:
Beat softened butter on medium speed with an electric or stand mixer. Beat for 3 minutes until smooth and creamy.
Add powdered sugar, cream, and vanilla extract with the mixer running on low. Increase to high speed and beat for 3 minutes.
Note: If the frosting is too thick, you can add a little more cream. Just add one tablespoon at a time, then mix thoroughly until you get the consistency you like.
Fill and frost the cake, reserving about 1 1/2 cups of frosting to decorate the top of cake. Smooth the sides of the cake with an offset spatula or bench scraper.
For decorating the cake:
Divide the Red, White and Blue M&M'S® Milk Chocolate candies by color. Place M&M'S® candies on side of cake in diagonal stripes. Start with red, then white, then blue. Repeat. Place remaining frosting in a pastry bag fitted with a 1M tip. Pipe frosting on top of cake, then add a few more M&M'S® candies on top. Add paper flags, if desired.
Note: If you don't have heavy cream, you can use milk or water instead. If using milk or water, I would try 3 tablespoons instead of 1/4 cup. If it's too thick, add another tablespoon.