Easy Peanut Butter Cups are a delicious low carb substitute for store bought peanut butter cups. They’re also sugar free, dairy free and gluten free.
These Easy Peanut Butter Cups are a great little treat if you’re on a low carb diet. Just the right amount of sweetness and the always popular chocolate/peanut butter combo! Also a fun snack if you can’t have gluten and/or dairy.
I love how easy this recipe is, just 6 ingredients! And although I love baking, I also love no-bake desserts. You don’t even have to turn the oven on for this one!
I found this Easy Peanut Butter Cups recipe in a fabulous cookbook by my friend, Carolyn Ketchum of All Day I Dream About Food. It’s called The Everyday Ketogenic Kitchen. Carolyn shares so many wonderful low carb recipes in her book. Everything from breakfast to dinner to dessert. She even includes breads and muffins chapter which is my favorite! Her book is available on Amazon:
Here are the six ingredients in the recipe. I substituted coconut oil for the butter. I found everything at my local grocer except for the cacao butter (Wild Cocoa Butter) which I ordered online. (Make sure to get food grade.) You can find it here:
To make Easy Peanut Butter Cups, melt the peanut butter, butter (or coconut oil), and cacao butter in a saucepan over low heat, stirring until smooth. Stir in the sweetener and vanilla. Pour into 12 muffin cups lined with cupcake liners. Refrigerate about one hour.
Measure out four ounces sugar free chocolate chips. I used a food scale. I’ve had mine so long that the “on” button is missing but it still works great. I don’t think mine is still available but here’s another one like it:
Melt the chocolate in a double boiler and stir until smooth. Add a teaspoon of melted chocolate to each chilled peanut butter cup and spread to cover. Chill again for about 15 minutes.
And they’re done! Taste and enjoy!
Love these Easy Peanut Butter Cups!
I hope you try them! Watch me make Easy Peanut Butter Cups live on my Facebook page.
Easy Peanut Butter Cups
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter unsweetened and salted
- 1/4 cup 1/2 stick unsalted butter
- 3 ounces cacao butter chopped
- 1/3 cup powdered erythritol sweetener I used Swerve
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 ounces sugar-free dark chocolate chips or chunks
- Line a standard 12-cup muffin pan with parchment paper cupcake liners or silicone liners.
- Melt the peanut butter, butter, and cacao butter in a medium saucepan over low heat, stirring until smooth. Stir in the sweetener and vanilla extract until well combined and no lumps remain.
- Divide the mixture among the prepared muffin cups, filling each one-quarter full. Refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour.
- Set a heatproof bowl over a pan of barely simmering water. Put the chocolate in the bowl and stir until melted and smooth. Drizzle about 1 teaspoon of the melted chocolate over each peanut butter cup and spread it to the edges. Return the cups to the refrigerator until set, another 10-15 minutes.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to a week (if they last that long!).
Here’s another gluten free treat you might like…
Note: This post includes affiliate links.