This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #OktoberOnTheFarm #CollectiveBias
Did you know that it doesn’t have to be October to celebrate Oktoberfest? Oktoberfest is a traditional autumn festival held in Munich, Germany, every October that features beer-drinking and merrymaking. But since it’s still Fall, why not have your own Oktoberfest party? And I have the perfect appetizer for you to serve at said party, these Sausage Pretzel Bites. They’re easy to make with store bought biscuits and Hillshire Farm® Polska Kielbasa. And they’re so delicious!
Serve with spicy brown mustard and your favorite beer. They would also be great to serve for a football party.
I used Hillshire Farm® Polska Kielbasa for this recipe. It was easy to find in the meat section at Walmart.
The first step in this recipe is to chop up the sausage. The Hillshire Farm® Polska Kielbasa package is easy to open which is always a plus. Cut the sausage into 1/2″ pieces.
Separate biscuits and wrap one biscuit around each slice of sausage. This recipe makes 30.
Did you know that you can make pretzel bites out of biscuits? The secret is in the baking soda bath. Let me explain. Boil 6 cups of water, then stir in 3 tablespoons of baking soda. Drop the biscuit covered sausage bites in the boiling baking soda water for 15 seconds each. Then drain, sprinkle with salt and bake.
That’s it. It turns into a pretzel. Pretty cool, huh! Let them cool slightly before serving.
Your guests will love biting into these yummy pretzel bites to discover a tasty sausage slice in the middle. The spicy mustard with the Sausage Pretzel Bites is a wonderful combination.
Sausage Pretzel Bites
- 14 ounces Hillshire Farm® Polska Kielbasa
- 3 cans store bought biscuits 10 biscuits per package
- 5 cups water
- 3 tablespoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- Spicy brown mustard for dipping
- Preheat oven to 400°F. LIne 3 large cookie sheets with parchment paper or silicone mat. Set aside.
- Slice Polska Kielbasa into 30 pieces (about 1/2" wide per piece). Separate biscuits. Place one piece of sausage in the middle of each biscuit. Wrap the biscuit dough up and around the sausage, pressing dough together so there are no holes. Repeat process for all of the biscuits and sausage pieces. You'll have 30 biscuit wrapped sausage pieces when you're done.
- Meanwhile, bring 6 cups of water to a boil in a medium, deep saucepan. Add the baking soda and stir. With a slotted spoon, lower each biscuit ball (one at a time) into boiling water. Let boil for 15 seconds, then remove to prepared cookie sheet. Sprinkle with salt. Bake for 12-16 minutes or until nicely browned (pretzel brown), but watch them closely. You don't want them to burn. Let cool slightly before serving.
- Serve with spicy brown mustard.
Have you ever tried Hillshire Farm® Polska Kielbasa?
For more delicious recipes, visit Hillshire Farm® on their social median channels: