Gluten Free Mexican Pizza Mexican Pizza is a low carb and gluten free twist on traditional pizza with all the flavors of a taco.
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #KickUpTheFlavor #CollectiveBias
This is my first official recipe of 2016 and I'm really excited about it! Gluten Free Mexican Pizza is actually a low carb, gluten free twist on traditional pizza with all the flavors of a taco. It's got a wonderful crust made of almond flour and oat flour, plus ground beef with taco seasoning and lots of taco toppings. The "pizza sauce" is Pace® Picante Sauce (Medium).
After baking the Gluten Free Mexican Pizza in the oven, serve it with sour cream and more Pace® Picante Sauce. It's like eating a pizza that tastes like a taco. It's really, really good y'all! You'll never miss the carbs or the gluten either!
Mexican Pizza would be a great dish to serve for the big game too!
Pace® Picante Medium (24 oz) was easy to find at Walmart in the salsa section. Pace® Picante Sauce is also available in Mild or Hot. I like the Medium flavor because it's just right for me and my family. Not too hot, but just enough kick to give it that extra flavor.
Making this Mexican Pizza is very simple. I used a food processor to mix up the batter for the crust, but you could also mix it together in a bowl. The batter includes almond flour, gluten free oat flour, salt, eggs, olive oil and almond milk. Process or stir together until smooth.
Pour batter into a greased 13"x9" pan. Bake at 350°F. for 18-22 minutes. Spread warm crust with picante sauce. Then add 1 lb. of browned/seasoned ground beef. Add shredded cheese, chopped tomatoes, sliced black olives and cilantro.
Bake at 350°F. for about 10 minutes.
Slice it up and serve.
Gluten Free Mexican Pizza is so delish and great for entertaining as well! Garnish with sour cream and additional Pace® Picante Medium.
What's your favorite Pace® Picante flavor? Do you prefer mild, medium or hot? Let me know in the comments.
If you like this recipe, be sure to pin to Pinterest, share on Instagram or Facebook and or tweet it on Twitter! Tag your photos @momlovesbaking on Instagram if you make this Gluten Free Mexican Pizza at home!
Gluten Free Mexican Pizza
For the crust
- 1 ¾ cup almond flour
- ½ cup gluten free oat flour If you can't find oat flour, you can put old fashioned rolled oats in a food processor to make your own.
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 3 large eggs
- ½ cup olive oil
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
For the toppings
- 1 cup Pace® Picante Medium plus more for dipping
- 1 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- ⅔ cup water
- 1 ½ cups shredded Mexican cheese or mild cheddar
- 1 small tomato chopped
- 1 small can sliced black olives
- 1-2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 13"x9" pan. Set aside.
- Place all of the crust ingredients in a food processor (or large bowl). Process or stir until smooth.
- Pour into prepared pan. Bake for about 20 minutes or until edges just start to turn light golden brown. (Note: the crust bubbles up a bit while baking, but don't worry. It settles down when you take it out.)
- Meanwhile brown the ground beef and drain. Add taco seasoning mixed with water. Heat on medium until thickened.
- Spread 1 cup Pace® Picante Medium onto warm crust. Then add browned meat, cheese, tomatoes, olives and cilantro. Bake for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Slice and serve with sour cream and more picante sauce.