This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #HomemadePizzaCrust #BakefromScratch #CollectiveBias
Does your family love pizza? Have you ever tried making it homemade? A homemade meal is always better, don’t you agree? Why not make your own homemade pizza from scratch? It’s actually quite simple to make using Fleischmann’s® RapidRise® Yeast and tastes SO good! I was able to whip up this Homemade New York Style Pizza in just 30 minutes. And my house smelled AMAZING while it was in the oven. I felt like we were living in an Italian restaurant!
You know I love baking, but this was actually the FIRST time I ever made homemade pizza. I’m not even kidding. I couldn’t believe how effortless it was and the flavor was superb. Nothing tastes better than homemade, with Fleischmann’s® RapidRise® Yeast.
Here are the step by step instructions for making your own Homemade New York Style Pizza:
Note: Full recipe is at the end of this post.
Add flour, sugar, salt and Fleischmann’s® RapidRise® Yeast to a large bowl. Whisk to combine.
Heat 2/3 cup of water to 120°F-130°F. Always use a thermometer to check the temperature.
Add the very warm water and Mazola corn oil to the flour mixture.
Stir to combine, then add more dough and mix until a dough forms.
Knead the dough for 4 minutes, then let rest for 10 minutes.
Press dough onto a greased pizza pan. Spread pizza sauce on top.
Sprinkle with grated mozzarella cheese and pepperoni, then bake at 425°F for 12-15 minutes.
See how easy that was! I want to encourage you to try baking your own pizza from scratch because honestly, nothing is as delicious as homemade. Period! And it’s fun, especially if you get your family involved. The joy it brings always makes it worth it. I love that Fleischmann’s has 150 years of experience. I’m always more confident in the outcome of my baking projects when I’m using a good quality brand I can trust like Fleischmann’s® RapidRise® Yeast.
Pro Tips for Perfect Pizza Dough
1) Use Fleischmann’s® RapidRise® Yeast.
2) Always make sure your yeast is not expired.
3) When it’s time to add the warm water to yeast/flour mixture, make sure it’s 120°F-130°F first.
4) Don’t forget to check water temperature with a thermometer.
Making homemade pizza from scratch is super simple! You won’t believe how easy it is and you don’t even have to use a fancy mixer. Just mix the dough by hand.
Your family will love this Homemade New York Style Pizza. Get creative and add your favorite toppings. Make half pepperoni and the other half veggies so there’s something for everyone. This pizza would also be perfect for a party!
Click here to find more great recipes with Fleischmann’s yeast!
Homemade New York Style Pizza
For the crust
- 1 3/4 to 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 envelope Fleischmann’s® RapidRise® Yeast follow package instructions
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup very warm water 120°F-130°F
- 3 tablespoons corn oil I used Mazola
For the toppings
- 1/2 to 1 cup pizza sauce
- 1 to 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup pepperoni
- Add other toppings, if desired
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Combine 1 cup flour, undissolved Fleischmann’s® RapidRise® Yeast, sugar and salt in a large bowl. Add very warm water and oil. (Note: Water should be heated to 120°F-130°F and always use a thermometer to check temperature.) Mix until well blended, about 1 minute. Gradually add enough remaining flour to make a soft dough. Dough should form a ball and will be slightly sticky.
- Knead on a floured surface, adding additional flour if necessary, until smooth and elastic, about 4 minutes. Let dough rest at this point for 10 minutes.
- Pat dough with floured hands to fill greased pizza pan or baking sheet. Form a rim by pinching the edge of the dough. Spread with pizza sauce. Top with cheese and pepperoni. Add other toppings, if desired.
- Bake on lowest oven rack for 12-15 minutes, until cheese is bubbly and crust is browned.