My mom turned 75 this year and since Mother’s Day is coming up, I thought it was the perfect time to write 75 REASONS WHY I LOVE MY MOM. Also wanted to inspire YOU to do the same.
75 Reasons Why I Love My Mom
1) She’s always cheerful.
2) She’s very creative.
3) She gives good advice.
4) She’s a great teacher.
5) She’s a talented musician.
6) She plays the piano, fiddle and guitar.
7) She’s a wonderful cook.
8) She taught me how to make up my own recipes.
9) She loves Netflix.
10) She has a love for family history.
11) She tells great family stories.
12) She loves her family and keeps in touch with them.
13) She has beautiful handwriting (cursive).
14) She taught me to be independent.
15) She loves cats.
16) She’s very positive.
17) She’s smart.
18) She’s a music teacher.
19) She raised me by herself.
20) She taught me to love healthy foods.
21) She used to have a bumper sticker that said “Why Be Normal”.
22) She’s from a small town.
23) She is kind to everyone.
24) She is young at heart.
25) She has an iPhone, iPad and MacBook and knows how to use them.
26) She went through chemo and always kept a positive attitude.
27) She takes care of herself.
28) She believes in healing the root cause of an illness.
29) She goes to a Chinese doctor.
30) She gets acupuncture.
31) She does yoga.
32) She walks with her neighbor.
33) She has a gluten free and dairy free diet and never complains about it.
34) She’s a very sweet grandmother.
35) She is involved in her grandchildren’s lives.
36) She keeps in touch with them and supports them any way she can.
37) She is very stylish.
38) She has very good taste and has always had cute outfits.
39) She likes to try new fashions.
40) She’s a talented Irish musician.
41) She wrote an Irish tune book.
42) She’s traveled to Ireland 8 times.
43) She taught an Irish Ensemble course at FSU.
44) She taught elementary music for 25 years.
45) She has a masters in Education.
46) She took fiddle lessons in her 40s.
47) She took me to Grayton Beach when I was little.
48) She took me to Washington DC and New York City when I was 11.
49) We went to Ireland together in 2000.
50) We went to San Francisco together in 1990.
51) She gave me a kitten when I was little.
52) She let me bring home a stray dog when I was a teenager.
53) She took me to Market Day every year (a craft festival in Tallahassee) which I loved.
54) She encouraged me to have hobbies.
55) She took photography in her 30s.
56) She took macrame.
57) She had a house painting party when I was a teen and we couldn’t afford to pay a painter.
58) She was a teacher at my school from first grade to third grade and I felt special.
59) She loved to entertain and had great parties when I was a kid.
60) She’s really good at coming up with a menu for a party.
61) She made hundreds of mini pizzas using English muffins at a party in the 70s and I was so impressed that I still remember them.
62) She had fun hairstyles over the years.
63) I love her name – Jane.
64) She has pretty blue eyes.
65) She has the cutest nose I’ve ever seen.
66) She has the best laugh.
67) We have the same sense of humor.
68) She’s very understanding.
69) I can call her anytime and she is always there for me to talk to when I need her.
70) She still loved me even when I was a super annoying teenager.
71) She’s very good at reading people.
72) She’s always had lots of friends.
73) She loves movies.
74) She’s a great friend, mother, sister, wife and grandmother.
75) She’s always been a young mom to me, even at 75! I love you so much, mom! xo
In front Ruby Diamond Auditorium at Florida State University (April 2018) where she received her Masters in Education and I received my B.S. in Fashion Merchandising.