Copycat Publix Sprinkles Sugar Cookies – a delicious homemade version of my son’s favorite grocery store sugar cookies with sprinkles.
Mommy, can I have a Cookie?
I’ve been taking my kids to Publix since they were babies. And when they were old enough to eat a cookie, I would always take them by the bakery to get their free Publix spinkles sugar cookie. Now they are 18 and 15. My daughter can’t have gluten, but my 15 year old son is still obsessed with those Publix sugar cookies. One is not enough any more and he insists on getting a whole box of them. I think he asks me every time I go to the store, can you get the Publix cookies? So I decided it was time to try to make them from scratch. Homemade is always better, don’t you think?
These Cookies are SO Easy to Make
These Copycat Publix Sprinkles Sugar Cookies are super easy to make. You can mix up the dough really quick and have them baking in the oven in under 20 minutes. The key to making them soft and chewy is not to bake them too long. Bake them for 8 minutes max!
How to Make Copycat Publix Sprinkles Sugar Cookies
- Using a hand mixer, cream the butter and sugar in a large bowl. Blend in an egg, milk, vanilla and almond extract.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix until a dough forms.
- Drop heaping teaspoonfuls of cookie dough onto cookie sheet. Roll into a ball, dip in sprinkles, then place back on sheet and flatten with the palm of your hand.
- Bake at 400°F for 7-8 minutes. (Do not over bake or they will be too crispy.) Let cool completely and enjoy!
More Cookies You’ll Love
Here are my kids, Savannah and Luke, in the Publix shopping cart back in the day, ready to get their free cookie. Don’t they look excited? Sweet memories. I love them more than cookies!
TOOLS FOR SUCCESS
Note: The above items are affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Want even more? Subscribe to Mom Loves Baking to get new recipes and a newsletter delivered to your inbox. And stay in touch on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, and Instagram for all my latest updates. If you make this recipe, share a photo on social media tagging @momlovesbaking and using the hashtag #momlovesbaking.
Copycat Publix Sprinkles Sugar Cookies
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup sprinkles
- Heat oven to 400°F. Line sheet pans with parchment paper or silicone mat. Set aside. Pour sprinkles into a small bowl. Set aside.
- Mix thoroughly in large bowl the first 3 ingredients. (I used an electric hand mixer to make it quicker, but you can also mix these by hand.) Blend in egg, milk, vanilla and almond extract.
- Stir together in another bowl the flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda. Mix these dry ingredients into butter mixture. Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls about 2 inches apart on prepared sheets. Take each mound of dough and gently roll into ball, then dip into bowl of sprinkles. Place back on cookie sheet and gently press with the palm of your hand.
- Bake cookies for 7-8 minutes. Don't overbake. If you want soft and chewy cookies, you don't want to bake them too long. Cool on wire rack. Makes 3 dozen cookies.
You might also like Homemade Little Debbie Oatmeal Cream Pies
Or Copycat Hostess Cupcakes (they’re gluten free AND vegan)
All text and images © Lise Ode for Mom Loves Baking. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe. Disclaimer: Nutrition information shown is not guaranteed to be accurate. This post may contain affiliate links.