This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SilkSipToSpoon #CollectiveBias
Today I’m sharing another diet friendly recipe that also happens to be delightfully satisfying. One of my new year’s resolutions was to lose some weight. Just because I’m dieting doesn’t mean I have to miss out on flavor. These Crunchy Cashew Meringues are gluten free, just 161 calories per serving and SO tasty. They’re filled with Silk Dairy-Free Vanilla Yogurt and berries, plus a little honey drizzled on top.
Crunchy Cashew Meringues are a wonderful way to treat yourself without breaking the calorie bank!
Silk Dairy-Free Yogurt and Silk Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk are easy to find in the Dairy section at Walmart. Even though they both are found in the Dairy section, they are both Dairy-Free and Lactose-Free.
Have you ever made meringues before? They aren’t hard to make. I highly recommend using an electric mixer for this recipe. You don’t have to have one but it makes it a lot easier. Start with 3 egg whites. Beat them with a pinch of salt until soft peaks form.
Then add sugar, lemon zest and vanilla. Turn the mixer to high and beat until stiff peaks form. This is how it should look.
Fold in crushed cashews.
Meanwhile, line two large cookies sheets with parchment paper. Use a large glass to trace 6 circles onto paper with a pencil. Repeat for remaining paper. Turn papers over so you are using the pencil side. Pour batter into a large disposable pastry bag fitted with a half-inch round tip. Pipe batter in a spiral shape to fill up circle.
Fill all the circles with batter. Bake cookies in a 225°F. oven for 2 hours.
Serve with Silk Dairy-Free Vanilla Yogurt, mixed berries and honey. You can do one layer or two.
Not only is the yogurt dairy free, it also contains 6 grams of soy protein per serving, has no cholesterol, artificial flavors or colors.
Pick your favorite berries for this recipe.
Add a second layer of cookie, yogurt and fruit, if desired. It’s such a beautiful dessert. I think it’s pretty enough to serve at a dinner party. Your guests will be so impressed!
I love using Silk Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk in my smoothies because it’s much lower in carbs and higher in calcium than regular milk. There’s less than 1g of carbs and 50% more calcium per serving. It’s lactose free, gluten free and non-GMO. It’s also a delicious beverage anytime.
Find more great recipes at the Silk website.
Crunchy Cashew Meringues
- 3 large egg whites room temperature
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup evaporated cane juice*
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup unsalted cashews toasted and crushed
- 3 containers Silk Dairy-Free Vanilla Yogurt 5.3oz each
- Mixed berries and honey for garnish
- Preheat oven to 225°F. Line two large cookie sheets with parchment paper. Using a large glass (about 3.5" wide), trace 6 circles with a pencil on each piece of parchment paper. Flip the paper over, so you won't get pencil on your food.
- Place egg whites and salt in a large bowl. With an electric mixer, beat on high until soft peaks form. Add evaporated cane juice, vanilla and lemon zest. Beat on high until stiff peaks form. Fold in the cashews.
- Pour batter into a pastry bag fitted with a 1/2" round tip. Pipe batter in a spiral shape to form circles on the parchment paper. Pipe 12 cookies.
- Bake for 2 hours.
- Add yogurt to 6 cookies. Add fruit and drizzle with honey. Repeat for a second layer of cookie, yogurt, fruit and honey. Note: 1/2 container of yogurt per serving. Serve immediately.
What is your favorite berry? Not a fan of berries? What kind of fruit do you like best? Let me know in the comments.