Each bite of Lowfat Chocolate Pumpkin Cheesecake is smooth, creamy, pumpkin spicy, chocolatey and delicious. You will never miss the fat!
It might seem a bit early for pumpkin but I just couldn’t wait. It’s one of my favorite baking ingredients! This cheesecake recipe comes from my archives. And I mean the actual recipe box that sits on my counter which I’ve had since 1992! I think I’ve had this recipe since about 1993. An oldie but goodie.
Over the years, I’ve tried a lot of lowfat desserts when I’m trying to cut back on calories. It’s hard to find dessert recipes that are low in fat but actually taste good. Lowfat Chocolate Pumpkin Cheesecake is one of my favorites.
You would never know it’s made with fat free cream cheese and fat free whipped topping. The pumpkin, spices and chocolate are a wonderful combination and provide enough flavor to make up for the missing fat. It’s simple to make too.
Start with a store bought Oreo crust.
Then whip up the cheesecake batter. Fat free cream cheese, sugar, flour, cinnamon, ginger and cloves are beaten until creamy. Add eggs and pumpkin. Beat until smooth. Fold in chocolate chips, pour into crust and bake for an hour at 325°F.
Don’t worry if it’s cracked on top. You’ll be covering it with whipped topping once it cools and you refrigerate it overnight.
Once it cools, spread 2 cups of whipped topping on top of cheesecake. Pipe additional whipped topping around the edge, if desired.
Hot fudge is optional.
At about 297 calories per slice, it’s much lower in calorie than regular cheesecake which is anywhere from 700-1,000 calories per slice.
Each bite of Lowfat Chocolate Pumpkin Cheesecake is smooth, creamy, pumpkin spicy, chocolatey and delicious. A little preview of the cozy flavors of Fall coming soon.
What’s your favorite pumpkin dessert?
Lowfat Chocolate Pumpkin Cheesecake
- 1 8- inch ready made chocolate cookie crust I used an Oreo crust
- 12 ounces fat free cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoon flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 1/2 cup pumpkin
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups frozen fat free whipped topping thawed (more for decoration, if desired)
- Hot fudge and chocolate sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- In medium bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, flour and spices until smooth. Add pumpkin and eggs; beat until well blended. Stir in chocolate chips. Pour into pie crust.
- Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour or until edges are set. Center of cheesecake will be soft. Don't take cheesecake out of oven though. Turn oven off. Let cheesecake stand in oven with door open at least 4 inches for 30 minutes. Remove from oven. Cool to room temperature. Refrigerate overnight.
- Spread whipping topping on top of cheesecake. Pipe additional whipped topping around edges, if desired. I used a pastry bag fitted with a 1M pastry tip. Sprinkle with chocolate sprinkles, if desired. Serve with hot fudge, if desired.
- Note: To minimize cracking, you can place a shallow pan half full of water on lower oven rack during baking.