Peanut Butter Cup Banana Bread
One of my readers suggested this recipe and I’m so glad he did. It comes from one of my Pillsbury Bake-Off buddies too. Her blog is called The Dutch Baker’s Daughter. Peanut Butter Cup Banana Bread is super moist and packed with chocolate and peanut butter cups. It’s so delicious, I don’t think I’ll ever make traditional banana bread again. Thanks, Cathy!
Warning: This bread has the power to call your name. I can’t. Stop. Eating. It. Yeah, it’s that good!
To make this amazing bread, start by making your banana bread batter, then fold in 1 1/2 cups of miniature peanut butter cups (such as Reeses) and 1 cup of very good quality bittersweet chocolate chips (such as Ghiradelli).
This recipe makes 2 loaves. Pour the batter into 2 (9×5) loaf pans.
Bake at 350°F. for 50-55 minutes. Let it cool completely before slicing and serving.
Wrap the cooled loaves in plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. Or you could freeze them for up to a month.
Peanut Butter Cup Banana Bread is so incredibly good. It’s great for dessert or an afternoon snack. You could even have it for breakfast if you like starting your day with chocolate. It would also be a terrific gift!
I hope you will try it. Let me know what you think if you do.
- 3 cups (320g) all purpose flour, divided
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (I didn't use)
- 4 very ripe large bananas, slightly mashed (about 3 cups)
- ½ cup (128g) peanut butter
- 1 cup (230g) sour cream
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- ¼ cup (50mL) coconut or canola oil
- 1 cup (170g) light brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups (230g) bite-sized peanut butter cups, or chopped peanut butter cups (I used Reese's)
- 1 (3 oz) bar premium dark chocolate, chopped (I used 1 cup/155g Ghiradelli Bittersweet Chocolate Chips)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.; spray two 9”X5” loaf pans with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together 2 ¾ cups flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon; set aside.
- Fit a stand mixer with the paddle attachment. Beat the bananas, peanut butter, yogurt, eggs, oil, brown sugar, and vanilla until well blended, about 2 minutes. Spoon the flour mixture into the banana mixture and beat on low speed until just blended. Toss the peanut butter cups in the remaining ¼ cup flour and stir into the batter. Stir in the chopped chocolate.
- Divide the batter evenly between the two loaf pans. Bake for 50 to 55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with moist crumbs. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans. Cool completely on a wire rack before slicing.
- Recipe from The Dutch Baker's Daughter Blog