Gluten Free Blueberry Muffins are simply delish and amazingly easy to make with the help of a gluten free cake mix and a few fresh ingredients.
These Gluten Free Blueberry muffins are moist and delish with a hint of lemon. Topped with a light cream cheese frosting and very easy to make. This is not the first Gluten Free Blueberry Muffins recipe on my blog though. I have another recipe called Lemon Blueberry Muffins which are also gluten free. That recipe actually won me a spot in the 47th Pillsbury Bake-Off Contest in 2014. I was one of 100 finalists competing for the 1 million dollar prize. Very exciting stuff! I didn’t win the big bucks but I had an amazing time in Nashville. It was an experience of a lifetime. So much fun! You can read more about it here.
Anyway, I came up with this muffin because my contest recipe uses a product that Pillsbury doesn’t make anymore. I wanted to offer my readers a lemon blueberry muffin that was just as yummy as my Pillsbury Bake-Off recipe and also gluten free.
These Gluten Free Blueberry Muffins are light, fluffy and lemony. You would never know they were gluten free!
And they are super simple to make using the Betty Crocker yellow cake mix as the batter.
Simply prepare the cake batter according to package instructions. Then fold in lemon zest and fresh blueberries.
Place cupcake liners in muffin tin. Scoop batter into muffin cups using an ice cream or muffin scoop.
Bake according to package instructions.
In a medium bowl, with an electric mixer, beat an 8 ounce package of cream cheese with 1/4 cup of sugar until smooth and creamy. The KitchenAid Mixer is my favorite! Pour into a pastry bag fitted with a 1M pastry tip, then pipe a small amount of frosting on top of each muffin. Garnish with fresh blueberries and mint leaves, if desired.
Gluten Free Blueberry Muffins make a tasty breakfast or afternoon snack for anyone that can’t have gluten or anyone that loves blueberry muffins! You’ll never miss the gluten. Taste and see! 🙂
Gluten Free Blueberry Muffins
- 1 box Betty Crocker Yellow Cake Mix prepared according to package instructions
- Zest of one lemon
- 1 pint fresh blueberries divided
- 8 ounce cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Fresh mint for garnish if desired
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Line a 12 muffin pan with cupcake liners. Set aside.
- Separate 36 blueberries and set aside.
- Prepare cake mix according to package instructions. Fold in lemon zest. Stir in remaining blueberries.
- Scoop batter into prepared muffin pan.
- Bake according to package instructions.
- Meanwhile, make the frosting. Place cream cheese and sugar in medium bowl. With an electric mixer, beat until smooth and creamy. Pour into pastry bag fitted with a 1M pastry tip. Pipe a small amount of frosting onto each muffin. Add 3 blueberries to each muffin. Garnish with a mint leaf, if desired.
You might also like these gluten free recipes. Click the link below each photo for the recipe.