This One Pot Taco Pasta Bake recipe (penne pasta mixed with ground meat, taco seasoning and cheddar cheese) has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #ReadyPasta #CollectiveBias
The kids are back in school and everybody’s back to the swing of things. Between homework and sports practice, the evenings are BUSY. I’m always looking for something simple to make for dinner. One Pot Taco Pasta Bake has all the delicious flavors of a taco with pasta instead of a corn tortilla shell. An with the help of Barilla Ready Pasta, this dish is incredibly fast and easy!
I love this recipe because it comes together in a flash. I don’t even have a kitchen right now and I was able to throw it together in just a few short steps. I only have a hot plate and a microwave right now, but I made it work! My husband was super excited to have a homemade dinner for a change (we’ve been eating out a lot during our kitchen renovation). He LOVED it!
Barilla Ready Pasta is a new product which offers al dente pasta ready in 60 seconds. No need for boiling water or draining, all that is needed is a microwave. Isn’t that incredible? I also love that you don’t have to put it in the refrigerator. It’s so portable and convenient. Perfect for home or office. It’s even great for college students. Click here to watch a video on how easy it is to prepare Barilla Ready Pasta.
I found Barilla Ready Pasta on the pasta aisle at Target. I chose the Penne Pasta. It’s also available in Elbows, Gemelli and Rotini. Can we just talk about Elbows for a second. That’s a funny name. It’s so not Italian and well, part of an arm. Don’t you wonder who came up with that one? LOL!
ANYWAY… I’ve got some great news. You can save on Barilla Pasta right now at Target. There’s a terrific cartwheel offer: 10% off Barilla Ready Pasta. But hurry, this offer expires on 09/14/17.
Making this One Pot Taco Pasta Bake is as easy as 1-2-3. Seriously! Step 1: Brown some ground meat and add taco seasoning plus water.
Step 2: Heat your Barilla Ready Pasta in the microwave for 60 seconds (don’t forget to open the bag slightly to vent). Stir pasta into meat mixture.
Step 3: Add cheese and bake for a few minutes, just until the cheese is melted. (Note: I don’t actually have an oven right now since my kitchen is under construction, so I had to run over to my neighbor’s house to use her oven. Thanks, Barbara.)
Add your favorite toppings and enjoy!
One Pot Taco Pasta Bake is a very simple meal that I hope your family will love as much as mine did!
More reasons why I’m excited about Barilla Ready Pasta:
• Barilla Ready Pasta is made with just 3 simple ingredients: extra virgin olive oil, a pinch of sea salt, and Barilla pasta which is great because it has no preservatives.
• Another plus, Barilla Ready Pasta is made with ingredients that are non-GMO.
What’s your favorite pasta dish? Let me know in the comments. I always enjoy hearing from you all!
One Pot Taco Pasta Bake
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/2 package taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 pouch Barilla Ready Pasta Penne
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese or more if desired
- Garnish with sour cream and the toppings of your choice such as chopped tomatoes black olives and fresh cilantro
- Brown meat in a small cast iron skillet or frying pan. Add taco seasoning and water. Heat for a minute or two while stirring.
- Heat Barilla Ready Pasta according to package instructions (tear corner and heat in microwave for 60 seconds on high).
- Add pasta to meat mixture. Stir to combine. Stir in half of the cheese, then add the rest to the top. Place in a 400°F oven for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. (Note: make sure the pan is oven safe.)
- Garnish with sour cream and your favorite toppings, such as chopped tomatoes, black olives and fresh cilantro.
Also featured on The Southern Plate website.