Best Ever Pumpkin Spice Bread - a tried and true recipe for the most delicious and moist pumpkin bread with all the cozy flavors of Fall. Recipe makes two loaves.
Note: Optional lower sugar recipe is included below. You can make it the traditional way or replace some of the sugar with granulated stevia.
The Story Behind This Recipe
If you've been reading my blog for a while, you know that I absolutely love pumpkin recipes. I've been making this Best Ever Pumpkin Spice Bread for many years. I still remember the first time I made it. My son was in pre-school and I was chosen to make the dessert for the holiday party. The teacher actually didn't give me a choice of what to make. She told me to make Pumpkin Bread. I did a quick search online and found a terrific recipe. It was in the days before people had food blogs, so I'm not sure exactly where it came from. I made the pumpkin bread and it was wonderful. Very moist and just the right amount of pumpkin spices.
If you're craving pumpkin spice and everything nice, you can't go wrong with this pumpkin bread recipe. It's just so good. And the recipe makes two loaves so you can freeze one for later or give it to your neighbor.
How to Make Best Ever Pumpkin Spice Bread
Making this Best Ever Pumpkin Spice Bread is super simple. You can mix it all up in one bowl, just using a spoon. No electric mixer is required.
First, you mix the sugar, oil and eggs together. Then stir in one can of pumpkin puree.
Add your dry ingredients along with a little bit of water and stir until completely combined.
You should have a nice and smooth batter by now. Pour into 2 (9"x5") loaf pans that have been sprayed with cooking spray.
Bake at 350°F for about one hour.
Warning: Your house will smell amazing when you're baking this bread!
Best Ever Pumpkin Spice Bread has a special place in my heart because it will always remind me of when my son was in pre-school. I miss the days of the holiday school parties. It was so fun as a parent to go and celebrate with our little ones. They grow up too fast!
What’s your favorite pumpkin recipe? Let me know in the comments. I love hearing from you guys!
Want even more? Stay in touch on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, and Instagram for all my latest updates. If you make this recipe, share a photo on social media tagging @momlovesbaking and using the hashtag #momlovesbaking.
Best Ever Pumpkin Spice Bread
- 2 cups granulated sugar See notes for lower sugar version of the recipe
- 1 cup olive oil or vegetable oil
- 4 eggs at room temperature
- 16 ounces pumpkin puree
- 3 ½ cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- ½ teaspoon allspice
- ½ cup water
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray two (9"x5") loaf pans with cooking spray, line with waxed paper, then spray again. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together sugar, oil and eggs. Add all of the dry ingredients and the water. Stir by hand until completely combined and smooth. Pour batter into prepared pans.
- Bake for one hour or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Let cool.
- Slice and serve. Store in an air tight container at room temperature for a few days or in the refrigerator for up to a week. You can also freeze for longer storage.
Looking for more low sugar or now sugar recipes?
You might also like these Rainbow Sprinkle Sugar Cookies made with half Stevia and half regular sugar.
Or these Chocolate Peanut Butter Granola Bars (also gluten free)...
Recipe featured on Meal Plan Monday by the Southern Plate.