Pumpkin Spice Bundt Cake with Brown Sugar Glaze is a guest post by contributing author, Andrea Ferenchik. She’s sharing her Aunt Marie’s favorite pumpkin cake recipe today.
My Aunt Marie is an amazing woman! I had the opportunity to spend time with her this summer at her house. It was so nice to be able to chat with her and hear stories about my dad’s family that I’ve never heard before. She lives on a horse farm and to this day works in the barn and stays extremely active. She lost her beloved Terry, her husband of 49 years almost three years ago to cancer. It was incredibly sad but her outlook on life is so positive. She said, “Andrea, Terry and I had the same interests, we built this beautiful farm, and raised this wonderful family. He’d want me to enjoy it and be happy.”
Growing up, food and baking were always a big part of our family gatherings. Nothing gourmet, just tasty family recipes that never disappointed (except for maybe fruitcake.) My Aunt Marie makes a simple, but delicious Pumpkin Spice Bundt Cake. In honor of Fall, I thought I’d make it and share it with you. For the sake of the photos, I decided to add a glaze to it but Aunt Marie enjoys it plain. She says it keeps well and is always moist.
Aunt Marie drove with her granddaughter down to college to keep her company and stopped along the way so I was lucky to be able to grab some pictures of her and I also asked if she would write out the recipe. I think it’s so important to have family recipes handwritten. One day this may become a lost art with blogs and online recipes.
The icing on the cake!
And everything is better with nuts. Especially pecans!
I hope you will try Aunt Marie’s Pumpkin Spice Bundt Cake with Brown Sugar Glaze. If you do make it, we would love to see a photo. Make sure to tag @momlovesbaking on Instagram.
Read more about Andrea on our Meet the Team page.
Pumpkin Spice Bundt Cake with Brown Sugar Glaze
For the cake
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup oil
- 2 cups sugar (granulated)
- 1 small can of pumpkin (15 oz)
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
For the glaze
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon dark corn syrup (I used amber agave nectar)
- 1 3/4 cups confectioner sugar
- Chopped pecans
For the cake
- Cream oil, eggs, sugar until fluffy. Add dry blended ingredients and pumpkin. Mix well. Bake in greased Bundt pan for 50 min-1 hr at 350 degrees.
For the glaze
- In small saucepan, bring brown sugar, water, butter, and corn syrup to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook for 1 minute. Remove from heat. Add confectioners sugar; whisk for 1 minute. Let cool for 6 minutes before drizzling over cooled cake. Garnish with Pecans as desired.
You might also like these Pumpkin Cupcakes.
Or maybe you would like to try this classic Fall favorite: Pumpkin Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting.
If you like this Pumpkin Spice Bundt Cake with Brown Sugar Glaze recipe post, please pin it on Pinterest. The image below is perfect for pinning! Simply hover your mouse over the top left hand corner of the image and the “Pinterest Save” button will show up. Click that and save this pin to Pinterest.