Brown Butter Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies are truly the best! That’s because this is a very special recipe. I can’t wait to share with you the secret ingredient!
Have you ever met anyone that didn’t love chocolate chip cookies? They are total comfort food and bring back so many childhood memories for me. It’s simply my all time favorite cookie! I have been making an awesome Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe for many years now and everyone loves them. It’s one of the MOST popular recipes on my blog.
But today I decided to kick it up a notch! It’s hard to believe that they could be any better but I discovered a secret that makes these cookies extra chewy and delicious. The secret to making chewy chocolate chip cookies is using Karo® Corn Syrup. Karo® Corn Syrup is the perfect ingredient that makes cookies chewier on the outside and still soft in the middle! I don’t know about you, but for me that is the best combo!
Making my chewy chocolate chip cookies has become a tradition at my house. It’s so wonderful that I was able to make my beloved recipe even more special with the addition of Karo® Corn Syrup! Hey kids, Karo® Corn Syrup isn’t just for pecan pie and pancakes anymore. It’s also great in COOKIES!
Why I Love Baking With Karo® Corn Syrup
• Karo® Corn Syrup is a brand I can trust, it’s been around over 100 years!
• It makes the BEST, chewiest cookies.
• It’s the only brand I use for my holiday pies.
PRO TIP: When measuring your Karo® Corn Syrup (Light) for this recipe, spray the measuring cup with non-stick cooking spray first.
For an added flavor note, brown your butter before adding to the other ingredients in this recipe. Browning butter is easy to do and gives your cookies a hint of toffee flavor with every bite.
How to Brown Butter
• Place butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
• Let it come to a gentle simmer and stir constantly.
• Simmer for 2-3 minutes until you see golden brown bits on the bottom.
• Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
Another way of making these Brown Butter Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies extra drool worthy, is to add a small handful of chopped dark chocolate to the tops of each cookie before baking. Then once they’re baked, you will have lots of ooey gooey chocolate chunks all over these amazing cookies. Plus, a sprinkle of sea salt to give that professional look and boost of flavor. Your friends will be so impressed!
I absolutely love sharing my baked goods with friends and neighbors. Especially when you know EVERYONE loves chocolate chip cookies. But not just any chocolate chips cookies, only the BEST they’ve EVER tasted! Do you have a party or event to bake for? Why not bake up some Brown Butter Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies? You will be the talk of the town for sure!
Looking for more great cookie recipes? Click here for Karo’s cookie and bar recipe page!
Brown Butter Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, browned
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoon corn starch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup Karo® Corn Syrup (Light)
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (or more if you like them extra chocolatey)
- 1/2 cup chopped dark chocolate
- Sea salt for sprinkling
- Start by browning the butter. Place butter in a medium sized saucepan (preferably a light color so you can see when the butter is browned). Turn heat to medium. Once it starts to bubble, start stirring. Let it come to a gentle boil as you keep stirring. Watch the pot and do not walk away. It should take about 2-3 minutes for the butter to brown. Don't let it burn. As soon as you see little brown bits in the bottom of the pan, remove from heat. It should smell a lot like toffee. Set aside and let cool slightly as you mix the other ingredients.
- In a medium bowl, add the flour, baking soda, corn starch, and salt. Whisk together. Set aside. Place the brown sugar, Karo® Corn Syrup (Light), egg and vanilla in a large bowl. Pro tip: spray measuring cup with non-stick cooking spray before measuring the Karo® Corn Syrup (Light). Stir to combine.
- With an electric mixer on low, gradually add the cooled brown butter. Then add the flour mixture. Stir in the chocolate chips. Cover bowl and refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
- Drop dough by heaping tablespoonfuls onto lightly greased baking sheets or lined with parchment paper. Add chopped dark chocolate to the tops of cookies. Bake at 350°F for 10-12 minutes. Sprinkle with sea salt. Let cool. Store covered at room temperature for 1-2 days or up to a week in the refrigerator. They also freeze well.
You might also like…
Want even more? Subscribe to Mom Loves Baking to get new recipes and a newsletter delivered to your inbox. And stay in touch on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, and Instagram for all my latest updates. If you make this recipe, share a photo on social media tagging @momlovesbaking and using the hashtag #momlovesbaking.