Pumpkin Ravioli with Salted Caramel Whipped Cream is a sweet version of ravioli made with crescent dough and pumpkin pie filling.
Pumpkin Ravioli with Salted Caramel Whipped Cream won the 45th Pillsbury Bake-Off in 2012. Recipe on Pillsbury.com by Christina Verrelli of Devon, Pennsylvania. This is such a creative recipe. Like a pumpkin pie filled pastry with nuts and a delicious flavored whipped cream. The salted caramel whipped cream is the perfect icing on this "cake."
Start by whipping up some cream cheese and pumpkin with electric mixer on medium speed about 1 minute or until smooth. Add an egg yolk, vanilla, sugar, flour and pumpkin pie spice; beat on low speed until blended. Stir in some chopped pecans (I forgot this step, oops).
Roll the seamless dough sheet out until it's 12'' x 14". Use a knife to score it in half. Then score 12 rectangles on the bottom half. Scoop pumpkin mixture into the middle of each. Then fold the dough sheet in half, covering the filling.
Cut out the ravioli pieces.
Place on a cookie sheet brushed with butter.
Bake at 350°F. for about 12 minutes. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar after they're baked.
Serve with salted caramel whipped cream (recipe follows) and chopped pecans.
The pumpkin filling has a lovely flavor and texture. This Pumpkin Ravioli with Salted Caramel Whipped Cream dessert takes a little extra time, but it's a beautiful presentation. Very tasty too!
Pumpkin Ravioli with Salted Caramel Whipped Cream
- 4 tablespoons butter melted
- 6 ounces cream cheese softened
- ½ cup canned pumpkin
- 1 egg yolk
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¼ cup sugar
- 5 tablespoons Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ⅓ cup chopped pecans finely chopped
- 2 cans Pillsbury™ Crescent Recipe Creations® refrigerated seamless dough sheet
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons caramel syrup
- 4 tablespoons cinnamon sugar
- Heat oven to 375°F. Brush 2 large cookie sheets with 2 tablespoons of the melted butter. In large bowl, beat cream cheese and pumpkin with electric mixer on medium speed about 1 minute or until smooth. Add egg yolk, vanilla, sugar, 3 tablespoons of the flour and pumpkin pie spice; beat on low speed until blended. Reserve 4 teaspoons of the pecans; set aside. Stir remaining pecans into pumpkin mixture.
- Lightly sprinkle work surface with 1 tablespoon of the flour. Unroll 1 can of dough on floured surface with 1 short side facing you. Press dough into 14x12-inch rectangle. With paring knife, lightly score the dough in half horizontally. Lightly score bottom half of dough into 12 squares (3x2 ¼-inch each). Spoon heaping tablespoon of the pumpkin filling onto center of each square. Gently lift and position unscored half of dough over filling. Starting at the top folded edge, press handle of wooden spoon firmly between mounds and along edges of pumpkin filling to seal. Using toothpick, poke small hole in top of each ravioli. Using a pizza cutter or sharp knife, cut between each ravioli; place 1 inch apart on cookie sheets. Repeat with remaining 1 tablespoon flour, dough sheet and filling. Brush ravioli with remaining 2 tablespoons melted butter.
- Bake 9 to 14 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl, beat whipping cream and salt with electric mixer on high speed until soft peaks form. Beat in 2 tablespoons of the caramel syrup until stiff peaks form. Transfer to serving bowl; cover and refrigerate.
- Remove ravioli from oven. Sprinkle ravioli with 2 tablespoons cinnamon sugar; turn. Sprinkle with remaining cinnamon sugar.
- To serve, place 2 ravioli on each of 12 dessert plates. Drizzle each serving with scant teaspoon of the caramel syrup; sprinkle with reserved chopped pecans. With spoon, swirl remaining 1 tablespoon caramel syrup into bowl of whipped cream. Serve warm ravioli with whipped cream.
Leave a Reply